Web Designer (UI/UX)
We are looking for a Web Designer for a 6-month contract to hire opportunity in the Dallas, TX area.
- We are currently seeking a UI/UX designer for our growing digital team.
- The UI/UX designer will collaborate with our UI team, development team, and stakeholders to measure and optimize applications to improve ease of use and create the best user experience for web while aligning with other digital platforms.
- The UI/UX designer will also be responsible for refining and improving websites based on the results of user testing to create an enhanced digital user experience.
- Evaluating existing applications and their UI/UX effectiveness.
- Research and keep up with current UI/UX trends in the healthcare industry and others.
- Efficient in wireframing, prototyping, and communicating best practices.
- Developing information architecture.
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to completion.
- Ability to envision a cohesive user experience throughout all client digital platforms.
- Create and implement user flows and interaction.
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Knowledge of accessibility for different platforms.
- Optimize websites to ensure fast loading speeds.
- Identify and troubleshoot various website issues.
- Involvement in user testing of applications, software and websites.
- Collaborate with team members (including designers, developers, leadership) to consistently improve functionality and user-friendliness of the web applications.
- Oversee proper implementation of UX through completion by communicating scenarios, end-to-end experiences, user interactions, and screen designs with the team.
- Candidate needs to be local to DFW Metroplex.
- BS degree in Interaction Design or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in UI/UX Design for web applications.
- Portfolio of sample projects highlighting design skills.
- Ability to work well with ambiguity or when requirements are still in flux.
- Proven experience showing clear understanding of the intersection between user needs, technology requirements, and business goals.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, SASS are a plus.
- Comfortable communicating with various levels of leadership and team members.
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills.
- Business-minded approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Artistic eye for design and the ability to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with consumer journey mapping.
- NO THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES CONSIDERED FOR THESE ROLES.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.