We are looking for a UX Designer a 12+ month remote contract opportunity.
- Specific deliverables for this role will include: Advocating for users’ needs and collaborating with the Product Manager to develop features that align to those needs Creating sketches, wireframes, journey maps, storyboards, user flows and other design artifacts to effectively communicate interaction, application design concepts and details.
- Working with a cross functional team using Agile methodology to define user stories and necessary UX deliverables as part of sprint planning with the scrum project team to which you are assigned.
- Preparing UX documentation (navigation flows, wire frames, mock-ups, use cases, task flows, prototypes, etc.) to be used by the development team.
- Creating the user experience and information architecture for digital experiences; define functionality, navigation, and interaction models through page level wireframes, site-maps, use cases, and functional requirements in an agile environment.
- Creating prototypes (low- and high-fidelity) to communicate micro interactions.
- Documenting and communicating complex, data-driven experiences with attention to detail.
- Producing design deliverables such as sketches, scenarios, wireframes, mental models and prototypes.
- Leading and facilitating brainstorming and sketching sessions with product teams.
- Collaborating with other UX team members and stakeholders to understand and design based on user and business needs as well as technical considerations.
- Establishing and promoting design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Working closely with development teams.
- Planning and designing responsive and mobile web applications.
- Providing and receiving UX feedback to/from peers.
- Participating in user research, concept testing, usability testing and analytics to understand target audiences’ needs, tasks and goals.
- Applying customer feedback to UX deliverables throughout the project lifecycle.
- 2+ years of experience as an information architect, product designer, user experience designer, interaction designer or similar role.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your process for creating great user-centered design solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple organizations.
- Able to assert a point of view positively.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced environment, working on ambiguous and challenging projects.
- Experience working in collaboration with developers for implementation of customer experiences
- Experience documenting and communicating complex experiences with attention to detail to justify UX decisions and rationale.
- Experience with best practices for information architecture and design, as well as experience with usability principles and techniques.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, Principle, Framer, Flinto, Illustrator, Adobe XD Preferred: Experience with Agile processes and partnering with technical product management and developers for design implementation.
- Understanding of HTML/CSS (position does not include front-end development).
- Experience developing and maintaining pattern libraries/design systems.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively.
- Experience in user research.
- Experience designing for the healthcare industry.
- Touch and mobile first experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required but highest form of education must be submitted on resume.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and go W2.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.