UNIX / AIX Systems Engineer
We are looking for a UNIX / AIX Systems Engineer for a 12-month remote contract opportunity in the Rochester, MN area.
- Provide first line support of the AIX/IBM Power Redhat Linux, and Solaris operating systems.
- Under general supervision and guidance the IT Systems Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and support of moderately complex systems software and hardware computer systems at multiple sites.
- The IT Systems Engineer will actively monitor and respond to technical hardware and software problems utilizing hardware and software testing tools and techniques as well as assist in managing overall system capacity.
- He/she may interface with vendor support service groups or other external support teams to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- The IT Systems Engineer will also be expected to contribute to the design development implementation and maintenance of custom system software and/or the installation and maintenance of purchased systems software plus the configuration and support of hardware systems across Clinic; produce and maintain documentation such as systems requirements designs resource inventories and plans as requested by the work unit leadership.
- Work will be reviewed for quality timeliness and adequacy at predetermined milestones.
- It is important that the individual develops and maintains effective relationships with the I.T. technical staff and management across all sites in the support of multiple projects simultaneously.
- A Bachelor’s degree and training/experience in IT technology; OR an Associate degree plus 3 years of demonstrated technical experience.
- A high school diploma and 5 years of demonstrated IT technical experience at a large complex organization like Mayo may be considered in lieu of the degree.
- UNIX/AIX is required
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.