Tech Specialist / DBA
We are looking for a Tech Specialist / DBA for a 12-month remote contract opportunity.
- This person will manage the servers the application database warehouse sits on.
- Candidate must have MS SQL Server. Large multiple database administration.
- Must understand ETL code and processes, data marts, OLAP Cubes, Business Object Universes, and .Net applications.
- The ODS Services unit within the Data Delivery Services section has an opening for a Data Warehouse DBA to provide support for the Administrative Data Warehouse (ADW).
- The ADW contains INFOR ERP data and related ancillary system data and is used for a wide variety of enterprise wide operational and strategic reporting and analytical purposes.
- The ADW is a large Microsoft SQL Server environment comprised of multiple database servers and databases, ETL code and processes, data marts, OLAP cubes, Business Objects universes, and .Net applications.
- Responsibilities of this position include working with a team of DBAs, data integration specialists, and data delivery specialists in the ongoing development, implementation, and support of the existing SQL Server data warehouse.
- This also includes efforts related to the ongoing Harwick project to transition to Oracle ERP.
- The successful candidate will support custom data driven processes that control database backup and recovery operations, optimizations, ETL, and data presentation.
- The individual will also be responsible for schema migrations, database space and file management, performance monitoring and tuning, database security administration, database refreshes, and job automation.
- Participation in a formal 24x7 on call rotation is required.
- The successful candidate must commit to meeting challenging deadlines and priorities, including working off-hours occasionally as needed, must function as part of a highly skilled technical team, be self-directed, and must exercise sound judgment when making decisions that could have large impacts on rigorous service level requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of professional technical experience in database design, development, implementation, and support; or an associate’s degree and at least 5 years of professional technical experience in database design, development, implementation, and support; or at least 7 years of professional technical experience in database design, development, implementation, and support.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience providing comprehensive database support is required.
- Direct experience working with recent versions of SQL Server is preferred.
- Experience supporting large SQL Server data warehousing production environment with rigorous service level agreements is preferred.
- Strong problem solving, teamwork, customer service, and communication skills are required.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and be able to go W2.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.