Systems Engineer (VMware)
We are looking for a Systems Engineer (VMware) for a full-time hybrid permanent role in Fresno, CA.
*Occasional onsite will be required at the Data Center, so candidates must be local to the Fresno, CA area*
SALARY: $85K - $115K
- Determining business needs and evaluating existing network infrastructure and systems.
- Optimizing network hardware and software to enable VMware integration.
- Developing and deploying customized VMware solutions.
- Defining multiple virtual servers on a single host machine.
- Virtualizing Windows servers and connecting them to networks and clouds.
- Designing and implementing virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and enabling template management.
- Installing operating systems and service packs, as well as security patches and bug fixes.
- Troubleshooting and resolving VMware environment issues.
- Providing technical support and documenting VMware processes.
- Keeping informed of developments in VMware technologies and products.
- VMware, Servers, Storage, Backup, Cisco, HP, virtualization, Cisco, REQUIRED.
- Specific skillsets we are looking for include:
- Strong Analysis, Design, and implementation of automated systems.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Strong Linux/Redhat knowledge and experience.
- AIX knowledge and experience (if possible).
- NetApp, Pure, PREFERRED.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.