Systems Engineer – ServiceNow
We are looking for a Systems Engineer – ServiceNow for a 12-month remote contract opportunity.
- Under general supervision and guidance, the Senior IT Systems Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and support of moderately complex systems software and hardware computer systems at multiple sites.
- Actively monitor and respond to technical hardware and software problems utilizing hardware and software testing tools and techniques as well as assist in managing overall system capacity.
- May Interface with vendor support service groups or other external support teams to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Expected to contribute to the selection, implementation, and maintenance of custom system software, and/or the installation and maintenance of purchased systems software, plus the configuration and support of hardware systems across sites.
- May also be asked to evaluate new products/technologies to determine impact on existing system configurations; assist with cost/benefit analysis, and feasibility studies; and assist in preparation and presentation of proposals that consider alternatives and business case gains needed for comprehensive institutional consideration.
- Required to produce and maintain documentation such as systems requirements, designs, resource inventories and plans as requested by the work unit leadership.
- Works effectively across departmental organizations gaining consensus of stakeholders.
- Work will be reviewed for quality, timeliness, and adequacy at predetermined milestones.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with the I.T. technical staff and management across all sites in the support of multiple projects simultaneously.
- May be asked to perform consulting tasks or act as an information resource and/or mentor both internally and externally to the work unit.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to take responsibility and accountability for managing work with little or no direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize issues appropriately.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to interact effectively with a variety of personnel at multiple sites.
- Candidates must demonstrate proficient verbal and written communication skills using English.
- Occasional weekends and evening coverage will be required.
- Participation in 24 x 7 on-call rotation also required.
- Must be able to see and hear within normally acceptable standards.
- Please briefly describe your specific experience with ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping.
- At least 7 years of experience with design, development and support of technology infrastructure.
- Experience integrating with tools to federate data into a CMDB.
- Familiarity with network concepts (routers, switches, firewalls, NAT, load balancing).
- Knowledge of Web and Application Servers, Load Balancers, Databases, and virtualization (WebSphere, MQ, IIS, Apache, VMware).
- Familiarity with the following concepts: XML, and JSON/script language.
- Experience working with LDAP, Active Directory and SUDO.
- ServiceNow (2-3yrs), xml, json, CMDB/Discovery, Windows and UNIX discovery, Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum Qualifications: Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping.
- Required Skills: Familiarity with CMDB/discovery to discuss credentials, install a product, troubleshoot permission issues, discuss and troubleshoot network connectivity with network engineers. Intermediate Windows and Unix administration skills.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and be able to work directly as a W2.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.