Sr. Technical Writer
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Writer for a Permanent remote opportunity Atlanta, GA.
- This is an opportunity to work with a cross-functional team comprised of content and learning experts to enable successful user adoption of our evolving suite of ERP applications. Join us in taking on the challenge of revamping the user assistance and learning experience for our rather large, physically dispersed, and diverse user base using a variety of channels and tools. We are a team of folk who wear multiple hats. While each of us is highly skilled in a specific area we are effective because
- we can execute in related areas, and we are constantly learning from each other as we collaborate on solutions for content and learning challenges.
- This Role may be for you if you:
- Are passionately committed to making life easier for the people using our products by creating simple and effective user assistance
- Have a background in technical writing and user instructions for software applications
- Are strong in writing and editing
- Have experience with “MadCap Flare” which is our primary authoring tool.
- What you will be doing in this awesome role:
- Collaborate with product teams and the content team to plan, create, and deliver a range of content that includes:
- o Release Notes
- o User Assistance Topics for the Product’s Help & Learning Site
- o Quick Reference Guides & Infographics
- o FAQs
- o Policies
- o In-Application product tours
- o Interactive and engaging Micro-courses
- Independently design, plan and deliver user assistance content for your projects.
- Collate content from various sources including subject matter experts, the applications, business domain information, JIRA, Confluence, and the applications.
- Collaborate within the content team to ensure consistent voice and tone across products and channels.
- Work with the content and learning team to document and capture content standards, templates, and process guidelines to establish a baseline and continue maintaining them as they evolve and change.
- Creating simple and accessible guidance for users of our applications to help them make the most of our application. Half of this is researching and understanding application functionality along with the everyday business context in which users will use each new or existing piece of functionality
- With your research and understanding, you will get to create instructions that anticipate user questions, pain points, and user’s differing level of experience with the application and even their role.
- 5+ years’ experience independently developing user assistance content for software applications.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, writing, and editing skills.
- Experience with authoring tools like Madcap Flare.
- Able to apply design thinking to create a positive learning/content experience.
- Knowledge of the latest trends in applied adult learning particularly in technology.
- Some knowledge of Agile software development.
- Familiarity with Confluence and JIRA is an advantage
- Able to turn complex information into human understandable content that makes it easy for even less tech-savvy employees to use applications in their day-to-day work.
- Passionate about creating engaging and interactive learning experiences.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Eager to try new things.
- Able to balance independent work with collaborative work.
- Experience or samples of writing using Microsoft Style Guide or equivalent in terms of style and voice preferred.
- Comfortable in an environment where we are still transitioning to a more structured content management team with evolving processes and guidelines preferred.
- Experience with Digital Adoption Platforms preferred.
- CANDIDATES MUST RESIDE IN GA.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.