Sr. Security Specialist
We are looking for a Sr. Security Specialist for a 3+ month contract to hire opportunity in the Dallas, TX area.
- This Security Specialist 2 is a senior level position in the Security Operations Center (SOC) who works closely with the SOC manager to lead the daily SOC operations, to include the escalation and response, and in-depth analysis and investigation of the Cybersecurity incidents.
- Additional functions are documenting the SOC team procedures and processes, such as playbook; and providing the department metrics and reports regularly.
- Lead the daily SOC operations; this is a senior level position in the Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Handle Cybersecurity incident escalation and response.
- Work with MSSP and SOC team members to monitor, analyze, remediate, and report the suspicious or malicious cybersecurity activities.
- Work with other security teams and SOC team members to create content; queries, correlation searches, dashboards, reports, etc.) in Splunk.
- Handle the in-depth analysis and investigation of the Cybersecurity incidents.
- Utilize the ServiceNow ticketing system and standard operating procedures to adhere the SOC team Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
- Maintain and create new SOC documents and procedures.
- Report department metrics on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly schedule.
- Bachelor's degree in related filed, to include computer science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a SOC Analyst or Engineer.
- 2+ years of Splunk Enterprise Security experience.
- Splunk certifications (Power User or Security Admin).
- Working knowledge of security technologies such as Active Directory, Anti-malware tools, firewalls, IDS / IPS, multi-factor authentication, network devices, SIEM, monitoring tools, and web filters on premise and in cloud environments.
- Strong communication, written, and verbal skills.
- Experience with writing/creation of formal documentation and slide decks.
- Root cause analysis experience, getting to the root cause.
- Investigative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Coding or scripting experience; Python and shell scripting, XML, HTML preferred.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals preferred.
- Familiarity with Linux preferred.
- CompTIA Security+, CISSP, or similar certification preferred.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.