Senior Project Manager
We are looking for a Sr. Project Manager for a 12-month remote contract role in Minnesota.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to help lead projects in the Software as Medical Device (SaMD) & Regulatory group within the Center for Digital Health at Mayo Clinic. Candidate will report to the CDH PMO but will work closely with leaders in the SaMD & Regulatory groups.
- Candidate should have strong communication skills and be comfortable working with ambiguity in a newly forming division less than three years old.
- He/she will be working with a team of highly skilled systems engineers and regulatory staff needing to move at a rapid pace due to high demand. It would be helpful, but not required, to understand the regulated product development life cycle from concept to launch. However, strong organizational skills, communication skills, being a self-starter and strong depth of project management experience critical to the success of this role.
- The Sr. PM will be asked to help mature the intake processes and track many initiatives that are advancing through the pipeline from ideation to completion so being well-versed in cross-functional communications through development activities (Planning, Design Inputs/Outputs, Design Verification/Validation, Design Transfer) will be critical in taking these initiatives through the various stages of the product development life cycle.
- The project manager will be asked to help identify stakeholders, establish meeting engagements with physicians and scientists and understand the needs of these customers. He/she will need to facilitate early identification of potential safety risks for a variety of AI/ML software as medical device products.
- Experience educating and guiding novice internal customers through the regulated medical development lifecycle will be expected.
- We are seeking a highly professional and personable candidate with good listening skills and works well in a collaborative team setting and consensus-driven culture who can obtain timely decisions and achieve actionable results.
SALARY: $55 -$70 per hour
- Health Savings Account
- This position is accountable to and receives direction from department leadership.
- May work directly with project sponsor and/or operational leader.
- May work directly with staff across the Mayo Clinic campuses at various levels and roles, numerous internal partners across the organization and other departmental, institutional and enterprise leadership.
- May have contact with external business partners, organizations, and vendors as appropriate for the activities in process.
- This position provides project- related direction to team members assigned to projects they are responsible for managing.
- Will provide direction to other project or program managers on assigned projects, in alignment with the project/program structure.
- Communicates project information to project and portfolio leadership, and the Management Team.
- This position requires significant capacity to manage multiple competing objectives, to prioritize, and to communicate complex information in clear and unambiguous terms to management and leadership.
- Project information may be visible at the Management Team and Portfolio Leadership levels (site/shield-specific).
- The Senior Project Manager may support projects of major complexity, as part of a program team in support of higher-level project managers.
- This individual may support senior level project/program managers in strategic planning processes.
- Presents project requests to institutional committees and oversight bodies to receive approval and project direction and input.
- Must have strong business acumen, with the ability to work with people from diverse functional backgrounds and to build relationships across the organization.
- May require matrix supervision and evaluation of staff from other departments and divisions, and contractor/vendor resources.
Position Overview (Major Functions and Non-Essential Functions):
- The Senior Project Manager (PM) works independently, assuming primary responsibility for planning, directing, coordinating, and delivering project activities through the entire project life cycle (from initiation through handoff to customer) that are major/complex/business critical.
- The Senior PM is responsible to lead project objectives and completion on time, on budget, and in conformance to Mayo Clinic project management methodologies and standards.
- The Senior PM will lead large projects that have site- or enterprise-level strategic importance.
- Project work has high to very high risk and risk interdependencies, multiple interrelationships, and may have major costs associated.
- Responsible for managing established budget.
- Leads and provides direction in the development and tracking of project budgets.
- Position requires strict adherence to budget management and guidelines of both the assigned department and the institution.
- Independently leads problem-solving and decision-making activities, within the scope of the project and change management process, taking reasonable and prudent actions to accomplish agreed upon project objectives.
- Leverages many years of experience to manage extensive projects and is highly competent in the implementation of project results. Uses advanced negotiations skills that are characterized by innovative thinking.
- The use and application of Agile methodologies is important to this role. Many of the items important to an Agile process are not unique to Agile.
- This individual may be responsible for monitoring scrum processes and scrum meetings.
- They may work to increase efficiency, motivate the team, and advocate for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness.
- Leading project teams may include the following not already specified above:
- Guiding teams on Agile practices and values to implement critical projects.
- Assessing maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable.
- Removing impediments and blockers or guiding the team to do so; escalating to management when appropriate.
- Building at rusting and safe environment where problems can be raised and resolved.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on creating the product backlog and ongoing backlog refinement.
- May have direct and indirect reports and be able to employ and guide the project staff in a goal-oriented way within projects.
- The Senior Project Manager leads and demonstrates project-focused culture at Mayo Clinic and advises/provides mentorship to other staff regarding project management practices, methods, and standards.
- Performs additional job-related functions as detailed by immediate supervisor.
- Candidate MUST be authorized to work in the US and able to go W2.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required (Minimum Job Requirements, Education Requirements, Experience):
- Bachelor's degree with ten (10) years’ experience in Project Management and business-related activities or master’s degree with seven (7) years’ experience in Project Management.
Additional Experience and/or Qualifications (Has Achieved Competency in the Following Areas, Job Knowledge and Additional Considerations):
- Education preference: project management, business administration, agile/scrum, management. Candidates should also include any certifications they have, which may include but are not necessarily limited to Certified Product Management, Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Advanced Certified Scrum Master(A-CSM), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, and/or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
- Active (unexpired) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.