Sr. Network Specialist
We are looking for a Sr. Network Specialist for a 9-month remote contract opportunity in the Rochester, MN area.
- Provides technical expertise to installation and problem solving related to infrastructure hardware or software.
- Independently configures, installs, monitors, diagnoses, and repairs complex multi-platform and multi-protocol enterprise telecom/data network equipment.
- Coordinates the planning and installation or upgrade of equipment according to specifications and needs of the equipment user.
- Under general supervision, participates in decisions on technical direction, architecture design and product selections for the enterprise telecommunications/networks systems.
- Responsible for escalation with vendor and internally during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Interfaces with customers during outages where the loss of service may have a serious impact on their ability to do their job.
- Provides technical evaluation and recommendation for monitoring tools.
- Evaluates new products and provides input to telecom/network engineers on supportability.
- Oversees projects and tasks assigned to team members and may be asked to provide input to their evaluations.
- Accountable for project results.
- Participates in the discussions of short- and long-term section strategies and processes.
- Occasionally works under stressful conditions, leading implementations and troubleshooting efforts that may have significant patient care and/or financial impact to the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of telecom/network protocols, 7-layer OSI model, software, hardware and cabling systems.
- Knowledge of basic telecom/network monitoring and management tools.
- Must be able to work independently with total accountability for project results.
- Work is reviewed for long-term goal attainment.
- Must be customer focused and possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of personnel at various levels within and outside the institution.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline with a minimum of 2 years professional work experience or an Associate's degree with a minimum of 4 years professional work experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional technical experience in telecom/data networking required for individuals without a degree.
- Good organizational and time management skills are required to handle the workload, prioritize repairs and track the various simultaneous active projects.
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills are also a necessity.
- Data Networking.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.