Sr. Network Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Network Engineer for a permanent opportunity in the Atlanta, GA area.
- The Senior Network Engineer will serve as an integral part of the Network Engineering Organization responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and auditing tasks associated with the entire Global Network Infrastructure.
- The Senior Network Engineer is tasked with the successful resolution of complex network support issues, interfaces with customers and vendors to provide specific network related technical support, and participates in the delivery of complex projects related to the networking business requirements of client and its subsidiaries.
- This will be an intensively hands-on role, requiring a superior level of technical network expertise.
- The candidate will design, build, and maintain an ever-changing complex architecture of network systems and devices across multiple environments that support the clients business needs.
- The scope includes, but is not limited to, internal and external firewall security appliances, infrastructure devices such as routers, switches, load balancers, wireless controllers and access points, IP Voice technologies, carrier and service provider service delivery mechanisms and technologies, ACLs, IPS, WAF, VPN (IPSEC), and DoS (all variants) protection.
- The Engineer will also provide technical expertise with the evaluation of new supporting technologies, architectural designs, and demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of operational LAN and WAN solutions in a converged, global architecture.
- Cisco ACI, Meraki Switches/AP’s, Nexus 3/5/7k, ASA’s
- Fortinet firewall/IPS
- F5/AIV load balancers security appliances
- Solarwind/Netbrain/Extra hop
- Viptela SD WAN
- Azure Cloud
- Must be able to configure and troubleshoot dynamic routing protocols including BGP/OSPF/EIGRP/MPLS.
- Must be able to configure and troubleshoot ACL’s/Route maps/prefix lists, and objects.
- Must be able to implement F5 Load Balancer service and configure and troubleshoot VIPS/POOLS/NODES.
- Familiar with F5 Load Balancer troubleshooting tools such as LTM log file/TCP dump / iRule logging.
- Familiar with interpreting and writing basic to advanced F5 Load Balancer iRules
- Experience installing/cabling network equipment in a data center.
- Minimum CCNP hands on experience.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and/or equivalent
- combination of education and/or experience
- 6+ years working experience with Cisco IOS devices including configuration, management, and troubleshooting.
- Working experience in monitoring and troubleshooting Enterprise business and large-scale
- LAN/WAN environments including routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in various network technologies, services, and protocols that are typical of a large enterprise network including BGP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, and QoS
- Experience with Wireless Control Systems, Access Points, and 802.1x, PKI, EAP, TLS technologies
- Experience in supporting site to site VPNs and client VPN concentrator solutions
- Strong understanding of change control methodologies and experience implementing and modifying change processes and procedures as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent organization skills including the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment.
- CCIE certification preferred.
- Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.