Sr. Network Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Network Engineer for a full-time permanent role onsite in Las Vegas, NV.
- Provide technical lead and subject matter expertise in hospital networking support.
- Responsible for designing, developing, installing, testing, and maintaining all hospital networks that link computers, peripherals, communication equipment and video equipment using cabling methods or wireless transmissions and software.
- To include; routers, switches, access devices and the hospitals email and active directory systems.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in computer sciences or a closely related field and four (4) years increasingly responsible experience in network/internet administration.
- Certain positions may require certification in specific information systems technology programs.
- At least two (2) years’ experience with Extreme Network gear.
- At least two (2) years’ experience support large scale network environment.
- Cisco / Extreme certifications.
- Experience installing and configuring network equipment.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate networks to identify issues.
- Comprehensive understanding of network design, services and protocols.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Network protocols; interdependence of software and hardware operating in a multi-functioning, multi-user environment; principles, practices and techniques in the installation and maintenance of network hardware and software; concepts and capabilities of computer operations platforms; use of network management tools and problem analysis techniques; program and system documentation requirements; patient rights; department and hospital safety practice and procedures; patient rights; age specific patient care practices; infection control policies and practices; handling, storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials; department and hospital emergency response policies and procedures.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex system problems; organizing and scheduling installations and down time; conceptualizing, designing, and implementing new application software programs; training others in the use of application programs and in conveying technical information to non-technical audiences; writing procedure manuals and user guides; collecting, manipulating, retrieving and analyzing data; evaluating software programs; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; using computers and related software applications; communicating with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; efficient, effective and safe use of equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Mobility to travel to various locations and work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment, stamina to remain seated and/or standing and maintain concentration for en extended periods of time, vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Strength and agility to exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this classification.
- Candidates MUST be able to go W2 and be authorized to work in the US.
- This is not a remote position. Alternative work schedule eligible.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.