Sr. Java Architect
We are looking for a Sr. Java Architect for a permanent opportunity in the Atlanta, GA.
- This individual will be part of a team that provides Back Office and POS functionality in a whole-store technology solution serving the entire user community of over 6,700 stores in the U.S. and Canada.
- In this role, the Sr. Java Architect is responsible for understanding back office (ordering, receiving, pricing, customer maintenance, etc.) system functionality and underlying architecture.
- The individual will work with Product Owners, Team Leads, Architects, developers and the Business to provide a best in class solution for the client.
- Maintain, develop and support non-prod and production systems.
- Ability to coach, mentor and pair with other team members on best practices.
- Helps define and adheres to team working agreements.
- Participates in all phases of the integration development life-cycle, including unit testing and ongoing support.
- Eight or more years’ experience in software engineering.
- Experience with API Dev, SQL and microservices.
- Experience Unix/Linux and Shell Scripting.
- Experience with Core Java.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and QA teams.
- Strong background in full life-cycle development using multiple platforms or languages.
- Experience working in Agile/Lean environments and cross-functional product teams.
- Experience with XP Programming practices such as TDD and Paired Programming.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills.
- Proven ability to provide strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance.
- Must be flexible, be able to change priorities quickly, and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Individual must be a self-starter and capable of working independently as well as part of a team.
- Capable of learning new tools and technologies.
- Capable of working independently and in a team.
- Experience with the following technologies: Kubernetes, SpringBoot, Angular, Kafka, Docker preferred.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL data sources preferred.
- Experience breaking down Monolithic architectures into microservices via Domain Driven Design preferred.
- Experience developing on Microsoft Azure preferred.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and go W2.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.