Sr. IS Project Manager
We are looking for a Sr. IS Project Manager for a 12- 18 month CTH opportunity in the Dallas, TX area.
- The IS Project Manager Senior manages the activities and resources for high complexity projects and sometimes groups of interrelated projects (programs).
- Collaborates with all relevant stakeholders on the development and implementation of strategic business solutions through research, audit, and analysis of data and/or business processes.
- Work spans a broad array of projects, and focuses on improving and sustaining clients IT structures, processes, and outcomes.
- Ensures projects are completed on schedule, on budget, to scope, and within quality standards of the client.
- Leads day-to-day management of information services-related projects to completion by managing scope, schedule, budget and quality.
- Develops and manages project plans and time/cost projections, recommending and processing changes as appropriate; identifies and allocates resources and prioritizes tasks to ensure objectives are met.
- Ensures necessary elements of project charter, work plan, and all other relevant documentation are documented, managed, and updated appropriately to maintain an accurate record of project activities.
- Manages project data and artifacts (tasks, RAID logs, resources, documents, etc.) in the Project and Portfolio Management software tool and other standards as defined.
- Collaborates with and manages all relevant stakeholders to maintain the scope, cost, schedule, and quality of projects, while maintaining project objectives and establishing project parameters, budgets, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Identifies project and application dependencies and risks, ensuring mitigation/contingency plans are in place for identified risks to increase probability of project success.
- Facilitates meetings and documents meeting outputs (agenda, minutes, action items), while maintaining professional interactions with all relevant stakeholders.
- Informs all relevant stakeholders of key activities and documents periodic progress reports summarizing project status, risks, required actions, and associated timelines. Ensures satisfactory transfer of control of project upon completion (handoff) and closes all project documentation and archives appropriate records. Solves complex problems by analyzing business issues and requirements, analyzing data, driving organization consensus and synthesizing key messages.
- Participates in developing company and department strategic business plans and/or action plans, including identification and establishment of project objectives and project parameters, budgets, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Provides operational assistance to the PMO organization, including overseeing and mentoring others working on smaller scale projects.
- Knowledge of project management processes and tools.
- Knowledge of healthcare, information technology, and /or business operations.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of constituencies.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to establish and clarify project objectives, goals, parameters, budgets, deliverables, deadlines and the roles and responsibilities of participants.
- Ability to identify project and application dependencies/risks.
- Ability to develop mitigation/contingency plans.
- Ability to organize and manage resources.
- Ability to prepare and present periodic project progress reports.
- The information in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job.
- It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job.
- Please note management retains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- The ability to competently perform all the essential duties and the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, integrity, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at the client.
- Master's degree and 4 years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience.
- Associate's degree and 8 years of experience
- High School Diploma/GED and 10 years of experience.
- Impravata experience required.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.