We are looking for a Sr. Engineer for a permanent opportunity in the Atlanta, GA area.
- The Senior Engineer, Selling Systems will be responsible for development of client’s next generation omnichannel capabilities.
- In this role, the Sr. Engineer is responsible for understanding omnichannel system functionality and underlying architecture.
- The individual will work with Team Leads, Architects, vendors and other developers to provide a best-in-class solution for client customers and stores.
- Maintain, develop and support non-prod and production systems.
- Ability to coach, mentor and pair with other team members on best practices.
- Helps define and adheres to team working agreements.
- Participates in all phases of the integration development lifecycle, including unit testing and ongoing support.
- Daily attend team standups and agile ceremonies.
- Code, test and deploy the requirements detailed in the team user stories.
- Collaborate and work closely with other teammates to achieve team goals and timelines.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Proven ability to provide strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance.
- Must be flexible, be able to change priorities quickly, and handle multiple tasks concurrently. Individual must be a self-starter and capable of working independently as well as part of a team. Capable of learning new tools and technologies.
- Capable of working independently and in a team.
- Six or more years’ experience in software engineering.
- Experience Unix/Linux and Shell Scripting.
- Experience with Core Java.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Experience in large scale RDBMS environments.
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages.
- Experience working in Agile/Lean environments and cross-functional product teams.
- Experience with XP Programming practices such as TDD and Paired Programming.
- Experience with the following technologies: Kubernetes, SpringBoot, Angular, Kafka preferred.
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL data sources preferred.
- Experience building microservices preferred.
- Experience breaking down Monolithic architectures into microservices via Domain Driven Design preferred.
- Experience developing on cloud platform such as AWS and Azure preferred.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.