Sr. Data Architect
We are looking for a Sr. Data Architect for a 3-month remote contract opportunity.
- Responsible for technical architecture and recommendations in one or more information technology domains.
- Works to ensure that the technology objectives and solutions of the enterprise are aligned to the business mission, strategy, goals, and processes.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and communicate a technology vision within an Information Technology discipline.
- Builds a critical mass of support at all levels of the organization and across departments for a given technical direction through talks, articles, blogging, demonstrations, or interpersonal communication.
- Participates in major technical decisions, develops technical proposals that consider alternatives and business case, gains needed institution approvals, and works effectively across departmental organizations gaining consensus of stakeholders.
- Possess and maintains a strong working knowledge of multi-platform technical environments.
- Serves as a leader, consultant, mentor, or tutor in many specific technical architecture areas of expertise to staff throughout the Department of Information Technology (IT).
- Assigns tasks to staff taking into consideration workload balancing, skill sets, technical knowledge, and criticality of the tasks.
- Serves on appropriate committees, acts as a resource to institutional committees, on an ad hoc basis, provides consultation in their area of expertise, and facilitates institutional work groups.
- Leads committees to establish technical standards, promote integration of data, and/or coordination of projects across work units.
- Provides key input to short and long-term department strategy and budget planning.
- Must be customer focused and possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of personnel at various levels within and outside the institution.
- Advanced expertise in one or more of the following: Business modeling, data design, information systems design, systems integration, and service design.
- Advanced oral and written communication, organization, problem solving, facilitation, and meeting management skills.
- Advanced expertise in multiple technologies.
- Advanced project and deliverable consistency through repeatable and reliable performance.
- Advanced initiative and self-motivation to complete tasks and assignments on time.
- Experience working in healthcare technology.
- Must be able to work independently and able to lead and mentor in a team environment.
- Data Architect with 7 to 10 years of hands-on healthcare clinical data experience.
- Expert data modeler – Elicitation, analysis and documentation of logical data models.
- Primary responsibility would be as Data Architect - scope of complex platform products in the healthcare domain.
- Responsible for all data models and data dictionary for the MCP business needs.
- Must have extensive data privacy experience - HIPAA, GDPR and/or CCPA.
- Strong understanding of Google Cloud Products – example BigQuery.
- Proven experience working with vendor architecture teams.
- Proven experience with complex integration and service-oriented architecture design.
- Experience with designing for optimal performance and performance tuning.
- Guide MCP feature/enabler owners through feature/enabler decomposition and requirements documentation.
- Primary liaison with client Cloud Advanced Data Lake product team.
- Responsible for successful delivery of features/enablers that have an ADL dependency.
- Responsible for MCP Data Architecture artifacts.
- Responsible for MCP Data Governance Strategy and plan – aligned with Enterprise Architecture standards and efforts.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years' experience including 5 years' of demonstrated technical experience and 3 years of demonstrated leadership experience.
- TOGAF 9 Professional Certification is preferred.
- Master’s degree in applicable field preferred.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and able to work directly as a W2.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.