Sr. Analyst / Programmer
We are looking for a Sr. Analyst / Programmer for a 12-month remote contract opportunity.
- The Section of Operations Transition Service within the Enterprise Operations Division is seeking a skilled and motivated SR Analyst / Programmer to partner with existing team members and the Cloud Platform program teams to research, define, and implement Platform Operations technology to deliver new digital services to the long term run organization.
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of custom system software, and/or the installation and maintenance of purchased systems software, as well as the configuration and support of hardware systems across client site.
- In conjunction with more senior technical staff, develops proposals that consider alternatives and business case, and gains needed institutional approvals.
- Evaluates alternative approaches and presents recommendations to teams and unit leadership.
- Regularly reviews applications and makes modifications and/or updates to ensure currency and functionality within established environment.
- Maintains and supports multiple systems or complex software applications and their associated hardware at multiple client sites.
- Produces and maintains documentation such as system requirements, designs, resource inventories, and plans.
- Provides technical and project leadership to other staff members, demonstrates initiative, and works independently as needed to accomplish responsibilities.
- Works effectively across departmental organizations gaining consensus of stakeholders.
- May interface with vendor support service groups or other external support teams to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Acts as a liaison to client departments and vendors to adequately support the division’s computing systems.
- Interfaces routinely with colleagues who may be located at any of the client practices to perform job responsibilities requiring virtual collaboration and partnership.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience, including 1 year demonstrated technical experience; Or, Associate’s degree and 7 years’ experience, including 1 year demonstrated technical experience.
- Must have scripting and project leadership skills.
- Applicants must have broad technical knowledge of IT systems along with a strong desire to learn new technologies and concepts in support of cloud-based service delivery. Experience with Python, Terraform, API platforms, Azure DevOps pipeline and release management, ServiceNow, Agile methodologies, and providing support for vended or custom developed digital products or applications is required.
- No third-party candidates considered for this role.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and able to work directly as a W2.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.