Project Leader – Communications
We are looking for a Project Leader – Communications for a 6 - month remote contract opportunity.
- Develop broad and deep understanding of Clinic digital strategy and Center for Digital Health (CDH) people, vision, mission, plans, priorities, and products.
- Translate CDH objectives into a strategic, change-enabling communication plan that meets the needs.
- Extrapolate in an ongoing manner the key communication objectives and themes from CDH plans, materials, meetings, and current progress/issues.
- Create and institute a sustainable, structured communication framework that organizes and drives targeted messaging for specific audiences on a strategic cadence.
- Connect the dots between communication deliverables to ensure consistency and integration of key messages.
- Partner with Clinic Human Resources to identify opportunities to bridge enterprise HR-related communications and application for CDH, particularly as they pertain to organizational change or increased stress (such as a COVID surge).
- Create compelling, change-sensitive communication products that reflect and affirm the culture that CDH is creating, including:
- Regular communication products for Clinic stakeholders and partners outside CDH, such as newsletters, intranet site content, blog posts, and input to video scripts.
- Regular communication products for internal CDH team members that address top-of-mind topics for both front-line staff and the leadership team, across a variety of channels and forums, including written communications and venues such as the CDH Meetups and Town Halls.
- Recruitment and onboarding-related communications, such as thoughtful messaging about job postings, new hire announcements, and a structured approach to communicating with new team members about Clinic digital strategy and the CDH transformation plan.
- Advise on Chief of Staff-led work products, such as Board/Committee materials and other significant documents or presentations.
- Create a measurement framework to assess value and efficacy of communications plans and products; create structures for continuous improvement.
- Anticipate implications and advise on communication requirements resulting from strategic decisions and day-to-day CDH activities as a member of the CDH Leadership Team.
- Handle confidential material appropriately and consult on sensitive topics to equip the CDH leadership team with appropriate talking points; for example, advising on organization or personnel changes.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong Communications, Leadership skills required.
- Epic Cadence Certification preferred.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.