Manager of Clinical Applications and Business Intelligence
We are looking for a Manager of Clinical Applications and BI for a permanent opportunity in the Pascagoula, MS area.
- The Clinical Applications and Business Intelligence Manager leads, oversees, and facilitates the daily operations of Clinical Applications to include the planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling functions within each department / work unit.
- Ensures that the policies, procedures and practices of the work units are in compliance with the patient care standards established by the Health System, The Joint Commission, and other accrediting or regulatory agencies.
- The Manager ensures the highest quality of services and product delivery is maintained by each work unit.
- The Clinical Applications and Business Intelligence Manager assumes the professional responsibilities for assisting with the direction and management of activities required for the implementation and maintenance of clinical computer applications.
- Garners in-depth knowledge of all systems within the area of reporting and serves as a liaison between end users and the Information Systems staff.
- The Clinical Applications and Business Intelligence Manager performs in-depth analysis of data models, data collection, report creation, and other technical issues associated with the use of business analytic and financial software.
- Maintains a knowledge and understanding of human-computer interfaces, applied informatics science, meaningful use and knowledge management, leadership support, socio-technical issues, informatics research, and workflow analysis.
- Works in a cooperative and consultative relationship with the Senior Leadership Team, Nurse Management Team, Ancillary Leadership, IT Department Leadership, and other disciplines under the direction of the Director of IT.
- Acts as a mentor, advocate, liaison, educator, resource, and troubleshooter to coordinate these activities.
- Provides leadership (plans, organizes, directs, controls, and manages) the functions and day-to-day activities of assigned department / work unit: Clinical Applications- BI
- Monitors operational and end-user workflows, interfaces, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with EHR software as they relate to system design and build decisions, including design input for EHR optimized system and/or enhancements.
- Oversees resource allocation to include planning for space utilization, equipment requirements, and personnel requirements to carry out the overall functions of the department / work unit.
- Initiates, reviews, implements, and maintains contracts with vendors – maintaining compliant vendor relationships.
- Coordinates the design, build, testing/validation, and maintenance of all aspects of the EHR application within area of responsibility.
- Communicates and coordinates with business owners, end users, and other areas of the organization in the strategic design process to translate business/clinical requirements into processes and systems.
- Monitors productivity and quality standards.
- Works closely with Information Systems and SRHS leadership to produce and maintain high quality data integrity.
- Manages systems for continuously monitoring, evaluating, and identifying problems; tracks trends and initiates actions to improve performance and quality.
- Interprets regulations for application and formation of department / work unit policies; writes and reviews policies to maintain compliance.
- Monitors the initiation, revision, and implementation of external regulations, statutes, and standards; facilitates implementation of revised regulations; ensures conformance.
- Establishes controls to ensure the confidentiality and accuracy of all health record information; monitors, reports, and educates HIPAA Privacy compliance.
- Establishes the department / work unit balanced scorecard. Monitors key metrics and reports status regularly. Takes action in a timely manner in order to ensure objectives are met.
- Maintains a cooperative, collaborative, and consultative relationship with the Senior Leadership Team, Nurse Management Team, Ancillary Leadership, Information Systems Department Leadership, and other SRHS and community leaders.
- Communicating project status with department representatives and Senior Leadership; provide formal status reporting on a periodic basis to Administrative staff as requested.
- Populating master tables and system files in accordance with established guidelines; following standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications.
- Oversees Business Analytic / Cogito Reporting Team, to include: delegates tasks; manages resources; maintains project timelines; and monitors Service Desk tickets.
- Provides effective project management: manages numerous tasks; prioritizes and adjusts for complications. Reports status of activities to management on a regular basis and completes tasks within estimated timeframes. Communicates across multiple groups within Information Systems as well as with the organization.
- Participates in all aspects of improving the team including education and training of other team members; contributes to internal initiatives to improve processes and/or communications; and looks for opportunities to operate more efficiently or effectively.
- Designs and develops dashboards, scorecards, reports and other analytics using Epic Clarity, Reporting Workbench, Crystal and other Epic and Business Objects tools.
- Assists application teams with developing, creating, and automating data extracts.
- Tests and validates dashboards and reports Provide expertise regarding Clarity data content. Support users in integrating Clarity data and analytic tools into their workflows.
- Works with end users to identify and correct any reporting issues in a timely and professional manner. Meets with End Users to determine new reporting requirements or needed changes to existing reports.
- Communicates effectively with business stakeholders to elicit requirements, offer insights, facilitate/participate in governance processes and deliver results.
- Provides day-to-day technical management of department staff. Mentors and provides coaching and feedback to team members - applies technical knowledge and experience to develop the skills/competencies of team members.
- Develops and documents internal procedures.
- Provides input to project plan throughout the course of the implementation to ensure major milestones are and appropriate project tracking is accurately met.
- Prioritizes and implements changes requested for the system.
- Coordinates software updates and changes with users.
- Collects information regarding potential system enhancement needs.
- Responds to vendor's technical questions.
- Thoroughly reviews, analyzes, and tests new software releases; maintains rules for how each new software version is released; analyzes new functionality in new releases to determine whether or how it should be used; utilizes both the clinical and business workflows to achieve strategic outcomes for the implementation; and prioritizes and implements system updates and changes.
- Provides timely input of weekly time tracking and project tracking data.
- Facilitates meetings, presentations, status report updates, estimating, tracking, and planning.
- Serves as subject matter expert in design and implementation of new systems.
- Performs workflow analyses and recommends process changes to enhance departmental productivity.
- Analyzes system requirements and determines system functional specifications.
- Gathers requirements, provides fit gap analysis, and creates effective technical solutions for the business needs. Designs, validates and confirms new or changed functionality with the software environments that meet customer specifications.
- Provides complex qualitative and quantitative analysis on data and information collected as part of application requirement gathering.
- Provides consulting support for customized implementation and installation of the software and related integration elements.
- Leads large groups to make key decisions.
- Works closely with business users and application teams to design, build and execute a comprehensive integration and user acceptance test plan and scripts.
- Creates and maintains all necessary documentation and training materials for application implementation and changes.
- Rounds to existing clinics and/or departments on a regular basis for relationship management and to observe efficiencies and system use.
- Writes reports using standard query tools like Structured Query Language (SQL), Crystal, and/or Clarity.
- Develops complex solutions for Meaningful Use, Physician Quality Reporting System, and other diverse workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Clinical discipline, Computer Science, Business Administration or Healthcare related field required. Master’s degree in Nursing Informatics, Business Administration or Health Administration preferred.
- Certification in a Clinical Epic module or Epic Cogito/Clarity required at (or within the first 90 days of) job start (must complete required continuing education).
- Various Epic certifications or Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience developing, implementing, operating, or maintaining information systems in an integrated healthcare delivery system, to include hospitals and/or clinic settings.
- Previous installation experience with healthcare systems databases and interfaces in hospitals and/or clinic settings or with a healthcare system vendor required.
- Experience leading teams of individuals and the ability to manage personnel and projects effectively.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.