Jr. Entry Level Epic Developer
We are looking for a Jr. Entry Level Epic Developer for a 3-month contract to hire opportunity in the Dallas, TX area.
- Entry to Junior level position for self-motivated, quick learning, developer-to-be.
- Ideal candidate will be a new information technology graduate and/or have some professional IT development experience, preferably in the Microsoft stack.
- The focus of the position is learning how to develop for EPIC, and applying that knowledge to solve real-world healthcare integration challenges.
- Professional training and opportunity for certification from EPIC will be provided.
- The candidate will need to be ready and able to attend training classes, both virtual and in-person, on relatively short notice.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus as is experience with the MS Development stack (SQL Server, C#, Visual Studio).
- Any experience related to the EPIC ecosystem (AppOrchard, Cache, Caboodle-Clarity, Chronicles, Hyperspace, Interconnect) is preferred.
- Business Need: Creating an FTE Position for the 'Bull Pen' - A person to take over when/if our GURU contractor leaves, providing development continuity, and also helping to alleviate bottle necks caused by having only one developer “in the know”.
- Not a specific project - This team is for custom development. Our Job is filling whatever void our customer finds in what EPIC provides out of the box. Most often ETL and integration development will be requested of us.
- Epic products will be focusing on: Cache, Chronicles, and App Orchard (any experience with Hyperspace, Interconnect, Caboodle-Clarity is nice to have).
- In addition to C# -Additional programming experience of any kind is always a plus.
- The front end languages are not really expected to play a big part in our work. Do not need Python or Django or AngularJS or React experience.
- Cybersecurity is not expected to be the focus of our work. One would expect some experience in that from anyone who has worked anywhere in IT.
- Top 3 skill sets and how will the contractor be using this: Since this is entry to mid-level we do not have a long list of requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Local to DFW Metroplex preferred.
- If not currently local, must not currently reside in CA, HI, NJ, NY, ND, OH, OR, RI, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, WA or WY.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.