IT Services Management (ITSM) Program Manager
We are looking for an IT Services Management (ITSM) Program Manager for a permanent role onsite in Westminster, Colorado.
- Responsible for daily oversight and governance of the ITIL based IT Service Management (ITSM) process framework.
- Monitor, measure, enforce, and continually improve the ITSM processes by actively engaging with and managing service providers to ensure that IT staff and ITSM toolsets can execute assigned ITIL processes efficiently and effectively.
- Drive major incident resolution efforts, root cause analysis, and problem remediation, ensuring the implementation of permanent fixes in the production environment to improve the availability of critical systems.
- Provide leadership to various technical teams and manage all aspects of the Incident, Change, Configuration, and Problem Management programs.
- Responsible for providing in-depth analysis for ITSM applications and business processes and driving integrations and other improvements.
- Coordinate with the business community to ensure consistent and efficient use of ITSM software applications.
- Maintain collaborative working relationships, gather and document new functionality requests and requirements, provide recommendations on potential software solutions, and provide functional prototypes of new process flows and workflows.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and execute ITSM, including continuous reviews to enhance the service offering. Identifies and drives initiatives through to completion with little to no supervision.
- Create, regularly review, and update ITSM Programs, Processes, and Procedure documents and include requisite training for all impacted parties and stakeholders
- In partnership with IT Project Management Office, leverage ITSM knowledge to facilitate regular reviews of operational readiness criteria to help ensure stability and supportability of all new or modified services.
- Design and document the standard operating procedures for service Configuration Management in conjunction with IT service teams and IT Asset Management.
- Set the direction for ongoing maturation of ITSM tool to ensure maximum effectiveness for process execution and reporting capabilities.
- Participate in regular Cross-Functional Services group meetings focused on Continual Service Improvement across all ITSM process areas.
- Chair the weekly Change Advisory Board (CAB) and perform other relevant tasks supporting the Release and Change Management processes.
- Ensure approved changes are implemented as planned and have met their objectives.
- Responsible for decisions related to prioritization and escalation of incidents, technical and business communication on outages, and continuous improvement scoping and prioritization.
- Manage the lifecycle of all Major Incident and Problem records from Incident to root cause investigation; own the process of determining root causes.
- Facilitate discussion between problem owners and management to apply lessons learned through root cause analysis.
- Chair ad-hoc Problem Review Boards and perform other relevant tasks in support of the Problem Management process.
- Evaluate all requests for change (RFCs) to determine the impact on business processes and IT services, assess potential adverse impacts that affect the operational environment, and introduce unacceptable risk.
- Facilitate regular operational process reviews and other working sessions with multiple service providers and key stakeholders as required to drive stability and reliability.
- Keep abreast of developments in the world of ITSM, specifically new products, services, and standards that relate to the practice of effective problem management.
- Training / up-skilling of colleagues.
- Identify skill gaps and opportunities to strengthen the capabilities of the global team.
- Drive training and coaching to mitigate gaps.
- Document the requirements, test plans, test cases, user guides, and flow diagrams for any improvements, releases, and projects related to ITSM tools.
- Act as a primary tester for ITSM tools, coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and provide applications training.
- Assist in planning for the implementation of new releases and integrations with the ITSM and ITAM applications.
- Maintain awareness of current ITSM and ITAM software tools and provides evaluations, input, and recommendations to optimize workflows.
- Identifies requirements for ITSM and ITAM software products, participates in their procurement, and leads planning for the implementation of new releases and new ITSM applications.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements.
- Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards, and best practices applicable to the functional area, including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards, and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to perform their job responsibilities optimally.
- Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices.
- Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with a wide variety of audiences, including executive level management.
- Possess advanced computer and technical skills needed to understand various business applications, software, hardware, and technology capabilities and limitations to determine and ensure the delivery of appropriate services.
- Strong team player; accomplishes tasks by working with others and being a good team player.
- Recognizes how their decisions may impact others; seeks input from others.
- Planning: ability to think ahead and plan within timelines and resources; develop scopes, plan and schedule work; set priorities and goals; anticipate and adjust for problems; evaluate workloads; measure and evaluate performance against established goals.
- Time management: successfully plan and implement objectives within established timelines and work schedules.
- Analyze and develop effective solutions at both strategic and functional levels.
- Work independently, with minimal direction, as a highly motivated self-starter.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, Management, or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ITIL foundations certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Demonstrated experience in eliciting, analyzing, and documenting business, systems, scope analysis, process modeling, and data modeling.
- Communicate technical information effectively both orally and in writing to non-technical audiences.
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of enterprise-level computer systems, databases, networking, operating systems, and security.
- Understanding of web applications, relational databases, Microsoft SQL, UX design, and REST API integrations.
- Understand basic project management concepts.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to explain complex issues in clear, concise, persuasive language.
- Possess strong customer service orientation with the ability to maintain effective working relationships and work with various functional areas and business units.
- Ability to conduct successful negotiations and enhance and maintain effective business relationships.
- Highly motivated and self-directed; able to effectively prioritize and execute while under pressure.
- Highly adaptable and flexible; able to adjust quickly to new situations and changing priorities.
- Adept at researching product and service-related issues.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Eight (8) plus years of experience employing ITIL concepts including Incident, Change, & Problem Management.
- Two (2) plus years of experience with ITSM knowledge and Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Two (2) plus years working with IT Asset Management or IT Service Management functions.
- Two (2) plus years of experience with ITSM/ITAM software in either an administrative or business analyst capacity.
- Two (2) plus years of experience in IT operations.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and familiarity with controls and audit compliance/SOX.
- Candidate must be able to communicate in English effectively.
- Willingness to travel as required, less than 20%. (Must possess a valid driver's license.)
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform all of the essential functions of the position.
- Candidate MUST be authorized to work in the U.S. and able to go W2.
- This is NOT a remote position.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in an IT Service management role.
- Experience in systems configuration and administration
- Experience with Cherwell Asset Management (CAM) and Cherwell Service Management (CSM) or similar products such as ServiceNow, Ivanti Neurons for ITSM, and Snow Asset Management.
- Experience interacting with the user community and IT stakeholders, desired.
- Project management experience, including the use of related software tools, is preferred.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.