IT Tech Specialist – Remote
We are looking for an IT Tech Specialist for a 12-month remote contract opportunity in the Rochester, MN area.
- Works independently on projects and assignments within scope of ability and authority escalating more complex issues or those requiring leadership approval to the appropriate individual.
- May regularly assume a team leadership role to direct and coordinate the work of other staff, which includes assigning tasks to staff taking into consideration balancing workloads, skill sets, technical knowledge, and criticality of the tasks.
- Serves as a consultant or tutor, coaching others in specific technical areas of expertise. Serves and participates on appropriate committees and institutional workgroups and acts as a resource to institutional committees on an ad hoc basis, providing consultation in their area of expertise.
- Participates on committees to establish technical standards, promote integration of data, and/or coordination of projects across work units.
- Responsible and accountable for the on-time completion of tasks and projects, demonstrating a commitment to meet established deadlines and priorities.
- Serves as an active member of technical workgroups needed to advance project objectives. Aids in technical planning for areas supported by work unit as part of yearly division planning.
- Provides leadership in the technical design, selection, and application of the of information systems resources to satisfy the requirements of the systems.
- Participates in system technical reviews within the institution to ensure technical architecture and design is consistent with business needs.
- Develops technical proposals that consider alternatives and business case, gains needed institutional approvals, and works effectively across departmental organizations gaining consensus of stakeholders.
- Is recognized within their division as a technical expert and is sought out for their in-depth knowledge of a broad range of current technologies and these technologies apply to the Mayo's environment.
- Provides technical leadership in system architecture, design principles, software development methodologies, and selection of information systems within their division.
- Understands and applies concepts of enterprise architecture to ensure systems align, adhere, and integrate within Mayo Information Technology enterprise environment.
- May be required to provide 24/7 call support.
- Interfaces routinely with colleagues who may be located at any of the Mayo Group practices to perform job responsibilities requiring virtual collaboration and partnership.
- The Knowledge and Education Systems Support Section is seeking individuals to join an existing scrum team supporting Mayo's Knowledge Content Management System (KCMS) leveraging the Sitecore CMS platform.
- Primary responsibilities include full-stack .NET development on the Sitecore CMS.
- Capable of moving among work areas and willing to do so.
- Demonstrated project and deliverable consistency through repeatable and reliable performance. Proven evidence of project management skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication, organization, problem solving, and facilitation skills.
- Evidence of mastery level expertise in one computing technology.
- Demonstrated ability in solving complex technical problems with multiple computing technologies.
- Experience working in healthcare technology.
- Exposure to managing both custom developed and vendor-supplied applications.
- NO THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
- Master’s degree in applicable field preferred.
- 5+ years plus demonstrated experience designing, developing and managing.
- 5+ the deployment of Microsoft .Net based software solutions.
- 5+ experience with Sitecore required.
- Experience with Sitecore Experience Accelerator (SXA).
- 5+ years hands on programming experience in Microsoft C#.Net.
- 5+ JQuery, Backbone.js, Node.js, and Web Services.
- Good understanding of software development methodologies, object-oriented programming, database design and development.
- Experience working with interactive agencies and web-based applications/ web sites required.
- Experience with database design and development on Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 2015 database technologies required Team player with excellent problem-solving skills, analytics thinking skills and communication (both written and verbal).
- Education: Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years' experience including 3 years' of demonstrated technical experience and 1 year of demonstrated leadership experience; Or, associate degree and 9 years' experience including 3 years' of demonstrated technical experience and 1 year of demonstrated leadership experience.
- Required Skills:
- CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (CMS)
- MICROSOFT SQL SERVER
- MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2000
- MODEL VIEW CONTROLLER
- MS .NET
- BUSINESS CASE
- CONTENT MANAGEMENT
- CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE
- MICROSOFT .NET
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- SYSTEMS SUPPORT
- TECHNICAL ARCHITECTURE
- TECHNICAL DESIGN
- TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP
- TECHNICAL PLANNING
- WEB SERVICES
- DATABASE DESIGN
- EXCELLENT WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS INTEGRATOR
- Minimum Degree Required: Associate degree (Community College, MBO)
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.