Scrum / Ruby on Rails Developer
We are looking for a Scrum /Ruby on Rails Developer for a 12+month remote contract opportunity.
- This role will work with our Ruby on Rails Scrum team to support one enterprise e-Commerce ordering system and several other Internet-facing client services applications.
- The main system is currently being upgraded to Ruby version 2.7 and Rails 6.1.
- The system utilizes MariaDB for the database and caching technologies such as Memcached and Redis.
- This requires the addition of resources that have full proficiency in the above technologies and who are ready to dig in and use those skills.
- Junior developers and professors need not apply – we require senior developers that can join the team, learn the application code and start developing without guidance on how to program in these technologies.
- These resources must be team players.
- Design and maintain of the overall architecture of the web applications and platforms with a proficient knowledge of back-end programming languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, JavaScipt, etc.
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application using various techniques including RESTful and SOAP, web services. Etc.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability using Content Management Systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal, WordPress, etc.
- An understanding of fundamental web design principles to build a scalable web application.
- Implementation of security and data protection, data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements using HTML5/CSS3 and image authoring tools such as Photoshop.
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application and content delivery systems.
- Integration of marketing stack platforms (web, email, sms) to deliver seamless experiences across digital channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology (Substitutions- 9 years related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree.)
- 6-9 years Internet/Web Development.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and able to work directly as a W2.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.