Epic Security Analyst (Lead)
We are looking for an Epic Security Analyst (Lead) for a full-time permanent hybrid role in New York, NY.
*Local NY candidates encouraged to apply. Hybrid schedule preferred: Two (2) days onsite, at least Wednesday*
**Candidates local to East Coast will have option of one (1) week onsite per quarter at own expense**
- $110K - $130K
The Epic Security Analyst must understand Epic’s security infrastructure and possess in-depth knowledge of user provisioning techniques. The Security Analyst will be involved in the day-to-day operations of the Epic Security team. The analyst will also be expected to maintain the Epic SER (Provider) database. He/she will work with members of the Users and Security Workgroup, the Provider (SER) Workgroup, Epic Project Teams, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and end-users to tailor the system to fit the organizations’ needs, fulfilling Epic security requests, monitoring of client activity and analyzing and troubleshooting security issues, often under stressful conditions. The position reports to the Epic Security Director but the Security Analyst may also be called upon to help with other security related tasks, so a working knowledge of both Epic security and general security issues would be highly recommended.
The Epic Security Analyst routinely performs in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, audits, and other technical issues associated with the use of Epic software; is responsible for developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with Epic applications, and will design, build, test, install and maintain those solutions. The Epic Security Analyst is expected to use critical thinking skills in providing systems solutions to meet business needs.
- Timely processing of various Epic user provisioning requests.
- Under the supervision of the Epic Security Director, participate in the activities of the Epic Users and Security / SER (Provider) Workgroup.
- Facilitates Security/SER-related meetings.
- Performs timely processing of various Epic system access requests.
- Assists in special projects, such as application go-lives, upgrades, enhancements, etc.
- Helps IT staff as necessary migrate data from the various environments within Epic using standard utilities.
- Assists with Epic upgrade planning and testing.
- Maintains Nova Projects.
- Collaborates with the various Epic teams to ensure system security and integrity.
- Maintains competency by participating in continuing education and seminars specific to job responsibilities.
- Must have the following current Epic certifications: Security Coordinator, Chronicles Install Utilities.
- Should be proficient with Data Courier.
- Working knowledge of Epic’s Sherlock and Nova applications.
- Experience leading and facilitating user and security meetings, provider records, system updates, tickets.
- Must be detail-oriented; possess accurate data-entry and follow-up skills.
- Must be able to communicate and interact extremely well with all levels within the organization.
- Must have strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must be able to solve problems with minimal direction and must be able to think independently.
- This position requires a person who is a self-starter and can perform the job without consistent guidance.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite – especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Position requires a flexible work schedule, including night and weekend support of major implementations/upgrades and on-call rotation.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.