Epic Professional Billing (PB) Build Analyst
We are looking for an Epic Professional Billing Build Analyst for a full-time permanent role onsite in Fresno, CA.
*Successful candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US and able to go W2*
SALARY: $70K - $100K
Are you a skilled EHR professional with a passion for optimizing healthcare operations? Join our innovative healthcare organization as an Epic Professional Billing Build Analyst and be at the forefront of enhancing revenue cycle management through efficient Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the seamless integration of billing processes and patient care.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, Epic Professional Billing Build Analyst provides system analysis, design, development, documentation, and configuration as well as on-going post-implementation client support.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Liaison with Epic TS, CMC ITS analysts, strategic partners, and clients, analyzing business needs and determining system functional specifications to support projects and initiatives.
- Design, validate and confirm new or changed functionality with the Epic environment to support periodic Epic upgrades.
- Responsible for Helpdesk tickets that are escalated as build-related cases, and for complete documentation of issues in the IT Services Management software.
- Perform system build and related testing as assigned.
- Perform system maintenance as required by your certified applications.
- Create and maintain all necessary documentation for application implementation and changes.
- Manage CMC Change Request/Change Approval Board/Migration process.
- Create content for Weekly FYI items and/or QRGs that pertain to build changes you have made.
- Attend all required meetings and training.
- Ensure all activities support the client’s mission statement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum education/experience: The qualified candidate will be an ambitious self-starter with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, information systems, or related field of study. Prior experience in IT systems a plus, but not required.
- Epic Professional Billing certification preferred.
- Epic knowledge and experience required.
- Knowledge of medical coding and billing including a strong understanding of CPT and ICD terminology.
- Experience with medical billing software.
- Understanding of insurance reimbursement. Knowledge of insurance plans, coverage verification, pre-authorization processes and claim submission requirements.
- Strong understanding of the complete revenue cycle of a professional billing claim.
- Ability to troubleshoot billing issues, resolve claim denials and address reimbursement challenges, including the ability to read an Explanation of Benefits from payers.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and demands while troubleshooting issues.
- Basic understanding of database structures; ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel required.
Work Environment: well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.