Director, Patient Access Eligibility Financial Services
We are looking for a Director, Patient Access Eligibility Financial Services for a permanent on-site role in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Responsible for overseeing the multiple facets of patient access services and manages programs to enhance revenue to the system by establishing patient eligibility for various financial reimbursement programs and by placing patients who are medically eligible into nursing homes.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or a closely related field and four (4) years of experience in patient access/patient registration operations in the healthcare industry, two (2) years of which were in a supervisory/managerial role.
Additional and/or Preferred Position Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience managing union-represented employees.
- Proficiency in EPIC.
- Leadership experience in an acute care hospital setting within:
- Main Admitting.
- ED & Trauma.
- Hospital Outpatient Departments.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for registration and check-in processes to ensure efficient operation of the department.
- Determining staffing needs based on patient volume, scheduled surgeries, and other factors to ensure adequate coverage at all times.
- Knowledge of Medicaid Eligibility guidelines and approval processes
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements
- Knowledge of:
- Leadership and managerial theories and principles; strategic planning theories and principles; budgeting theories and principles; admitting patient registration, insurance, reimbursement methodologies Hospital and departmental policies and principles; laws, rules, regulations and standards governing finances and financial reporting in health care facilities; generally accepted accounting principles (G.A.A.P.); department and hospital safety practices and principles; patient rights; infection control policies and practices; handling, storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials; department and hospital emergency response policies and procedures.
- Skill in:
- Developing and enforcing departmental policies and procedures; writing financial and technical reports; reviewing and analyzing billing and claims reports; determining acceptable payments and time frames; developing interpersonal relations with a variety of people; negotiating settlements on third party accounts; using computers and related software applications; communicating effectively with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; efficient, effective and safe use of equipment.
- Candidates MUST be authorized to work in the US and able to go W2.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.