Digital Product Design Specialist (UX)
We are looking for a Digital Product Design Specialist (UX) for a 6+ month contract-to-hire opportunity in the Dallas, TX area.
- This role will be focused heavily on UX Research, Strategy, Planning and Design.
- Likely to have led UX groups at other large companies.
- The Product Design Strategist has a deep understanding of human centered design and is responsible for:
- Problem definition and strategic approach, partnering with product leaders to define and diagnose business challenges and market problems.
- Proactive user experience (UX) research to do discovery and scoping on identified business challenges and market problems through qualitative and quantitative research methods, synthesizing, and translating findings UX deliverables to inform product design direction.
- UX strategy to facilitate design thinking workshops to identify opportunities to create new value for consumers and gain product and leadership alignment on short term and long-term vision.
- Experience applying human centered design approaches, methods, and tools to solve complex problems in enterprise organizations.
- Experience with user research—survey, contextual, ethnographic, analytics, as examples.
- Experience rapidly conducting secondary research—industry trends, market scan, and competitive research.
- Experience crafting insight-based documents and presentations driven by an empathetic understanding of user and market needs—personas, experience maps, wireframes, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to actively listen, facilitate collaboration, and align teams with diverse perspectives through physical and virtual workshop methods.
- Collaborate with project teams to define small bet testable experiments to evaluate potential solutions.
- Experience designing scalable digital and omnichannel experiences and solutions across multiple different touchpoints (both digital and physical) and platforms including web, iOS, and Android.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- 5-8 years of UX-research & strategy experience.
- Bachelor’s in human computer interaction, psychology, graphic design, or design related field or 4 years of equivalent experience.
- Background in a design agency, consultancy, or experience working in large, corporate environments.
- Experience designing digital B2B2C experiences across both web and mobile.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies, and a willingness to adapt and customize them as needed.
- Effortless communication/presentation skills, natural collaborator and storyteller.
- Expert knowledge of PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Keynote to build, visually communicate, and evangelize design strategy and direction.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.