Assistant Director, Managed Care
We are looking for an Assistant Director, Managed Care for a full-time permanent onsite role in Las Vegas, NV.
**Successful candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and able to go W2**
- $106K - $171K
- Provides support to the Director in negotiating and managing contracts with healthcare providers and payers.
- Ensures contracts comply with legal and regulatory requirements and meets the organization’s financial and strategic goals.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in health or business administration and five (5) years of professional level experience in managed care/health care program management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements
- Knowledge of:
- The clients policies and procedures as they apply to Acute Care, Primary and Quick Care Units; managed care terminology; supervisory principles and practices; marketing principles and practices; Federal, state and county laws and regulations related to the health care agency; principles of contract law and methods and practices of drafting contracts and agreements; basic data sampling and statistical analysis techniques; computer applications related to duties; department and hospital safety practice and procedures; patient rights; age specific patient care practices; infection control policies and practices; handling, storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials; department and hospital emergency response policies and procedures.
- Skill in:
- Carrying assigned project(s) through, from data gathering to completion; using initiative and independent judgement within general policy guidelines; use of computer software/applications related to duties; developing contractual relationships; negotiating contracts for services; maintaining accurate records and files; preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials; contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities; using computers and related software applications; communicating with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; efficient, effective and safe use of equipment.
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment, stamina to remain standing for long periods of time, vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Strength and agility to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Attend meeting outside of normal work hours.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this classification.
- Master's degree (healthcare administration, business administration, or a related field) a plus.
- Ten (10) years of experience in Acute Care in the following areas:
- Managed care contracting.
- Contract preparation and management.
- Healthcare operations.
- Financial management.
- Managed Care.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Prior experience managing analytical staff.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.