Network Security Administrator
We are looking for a Network Security Administrator for a full-time permanent role onsite in Las Vegas, NV.
- Serves as administrator for the hospital’s security network.
- Coordinates security network support responsibilities for assigned system with technical staff, other hospital departments and outside agencies. Implements and monitors compliance with information systems policies and procedures.
- Provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the leadership of the Information Systems Department and Division and as well as other Administrative Division Heads.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems and four (4) years’ experience in network/security administration roles; Or, if no acquired degree, eight (8) years’ experience in network/security administration roles.
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP), CompTIA Security+, or other industry recognized information technology certification in the disciplines of information security, network engineering, and/or system administration.
- CISSP or other industry-recognized information security certification.
- Intermediate to advanced skills and expertise with firewalls.
- Intermediate to advanced skills and expertise with web content and application filtering.
- Intermediate to advanced skills and expertise with SEIM.
- Advanced to expert skills and expertise with MS Active Directory.
- Intermediate to advanced skills and expertise with incident response.
- Intermediate to advanced skills and expertise with vulnerability scanning and remediation.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to read, interpret, and draw conclusions from Syslog, log, and other detailed system information.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic routing issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- All aspects of computer and network security including such areas firewall administration, encryption technologies and network protocols and other industry-standard techniques and practices; network, PC, and platform operating systems ; applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection; enterprise information security systems and implementation; securing different types of systems like web, database and remote access systems; Industry standard Security policies and procedures; technical background including networking architecture, authentication practices and security administration; department and hospital safety practice and procedures; patient rights; age specific patient care practices; infection control policies and practices; handling, storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials; department and hospital emergency response policies and procedures.
- Conduct research into security issues and products as required; analyze, establish requirements; security assessments and recommendations; define risks and design solutions; educate various personnel regarding information security; work closely with business and IT people at many levels within an organization; be decisive and be comfortable working in a team or independently; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; communicating effectively in oral and written form; using computers and related software applications; communicating with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; efficient, effective and safe use of equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment, stamina to remain seated and maintain concentration for extended periods of time, vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen, and hearing and speech to communicate effectively in person and over the telephone. Strength and agility to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this classification.
- Candidates MUST be able to go W2 and be authorized to work in the US.
- This is not a remote position. Alternative work schedule eligible.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.