Healthcare Project Manager
We are looking for a Healthcare Project Manager for a permanent opportunity in the Clovis, CA area.
- Manages the completion of one or multiple high priority projects simultaneously within Information Technology Services (ITS) that includes multi-department operational teams.
- Conducts project feasibility studies as assigned by ITS leadership and operational leadership.
- Studies should include an analysis of desired outcomes, benefits expected, estimated costs, return on investment, recommended implementation approach, resource requirements, budget requirements, contract negotiation, critical success factors and potential issues or challenges anticipated during the implementation.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, considering workflow needs and computer/technology capabilities and/or limitations.
- Includes analysis of patient care, business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
- Assesses and provides recommendations on key performance indicators.
- Conducts project planning of all the required project tasks scheduled appropriately for completion.
- Works with ITS leadership and operational leadership to facilitate the assignment of the proper resources to complete each task as assigned as well as a steering committee to guide through any obstacles or issues encountered.
- Simultaneously directs multiple high priority projects that leverage multiple departments outside of ITS by supervising all activities of the project team to ensure that project goals, objectives, schedule and budget are achieved.
- Maintains project management schedules to ensure timely completion of assigned projects.
- Conducts routine meetings to track progress of project per plan, developing agendas, minutes and appropriate status reports on the project and communicating any issues to the proper management/governance team(s).
- Co-leads steering committee meetings with operational partners within multi-department projects.
- Facilitates the transfer of application/system from project implementation to ongoing support and change management.
- Serves as resource as required for end user as well as ITS team providing support to end user, subsequent to project.
- Leads and participates in continuous internal team process improvements around project management tools and processes, along with coaching and mentoring Project Manager ITS 1 role on ITS project management tools and methodologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned and may include being called upon to assist Business, Clinical and Technical groups in support of requests and issues.
- Advanced knowledge in the following applications: Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- Knowledge of cross-functional project management methods and techniques.
- Strong and current awareness of external trends and best practices.
- Expertise in writing technical and non-technical project materials including project plans, timelines, vendor agreements and status reports.
- Proficient in working effectively with a diverse client base.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to present to executives across multi-department operational groups.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills required to effectively manage a multi-skilled project throughout the deliverable process.
- Strong leadership skills are required including, but not limited to coaching, mentoring and the ability to build and maintain motivated teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- 5 years of project management experience required.
- Work experience in the healthcare industry or a healthcare setting with proven project management skills preferred.
- CSM - Certified Scrum Master preferred.
- PMP - Project Management Professional Certification preferred.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.