Digital Business Analyst
We are looking for a Digital Business Analyst for a 12-month remote contract opportunity.
- Understands and considers both the business and the technical engineering/IT needs to ensure quality digital products and related operational workflows to meet/exceed the desired business objectives.
- Able to perform cost, benefit and risk analysis associated with the proposed product/services and recommend alternatives for solutions throughout the product life cycle.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and users to synthesize, articulate, and document business and system requirements.
- Performs data analysis, defines, and documents business requirements, translates business requirements to technical/engineering specifications, acceptance criteria, user experience requirements and system validation while considering the complete technical and non-technical solution.
- Technical specifications are utilized by Engineering/IT in the final technical design and eventual product build/acquisition or integration.
- May assist product and operations leaders to coordinate deployment of deliverables (varies by product). Provides input for development of other product documents, project charters and plans, work assignments, deliverable target dates, and other aspects of assigned work.
- Applies systems engineering methodologies and discipline throughout the product and project lifecycle based on assignment.
- Recruits, hires, and manages team.
- Drives BA best practices through training, mentorship, and skill development of team members.
- Researches, analyzes, and validates complete and accurate business and systems requirements.
- Establishes scope boundaries for basic and routine products and technical requirements with accuracy and clarity.
- Plans and monitors work scope estimates and schedules for the defined scope of the product.
- Assesses and defines problems through root cause analysis and proactively brings solutions to the table.
- Able to read, assess and interpret vended and solution architecture and translate into scope of work and technical specification requirements for integration into client engineering/technology systems and product operations work-flows.
- Understands and helps define product implementation change management requirements for those products not requiring formal Implementation Team resourcing.
- Bachelor's Degree (business, communications, advertising, marketing, statistics, engineering, technology, health care) and 7+ years of relevant digital business analyst role.
- Understand business strategy and business planning principles and applies with minimal guidance to assigned work.
- Demonstrated leadership and expertise in design, build and operations capabilities and requirements of current digital product technologies.
- Able to understand and effectively communicate overarching product strategy to provide context to technical requirements and specifications.
- Able to understand and effectively document business, operational and technical requirements for product, operations, and engineering/IT teams.
- Able to document technical requirements and specifications in the chosen BA requirements tool(s).
- Applies system and analytical thinking methodology and discipline.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and able to work directly as a W2.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, military status, and/or domestic violence victim status.