We are looking for a Tech Writer (HTML, DHTML) for a 6-month contract opportunity in the Rochester, MN area.
- The technical writer works with administrators, researchers, communications consultants, and members of the research web team to analyze, design, develop, and produce information products for distribution on the World Wide Web and intranet.
- The information products (text, graphics, flash, animations, streaming video) are technical, scientific, and biomedical in nature and support the research mission of the Clinic and College of Medicine.
- Additionally, the role will manage compliance and policy-oriented web documentation.
- The technical writer edits information products for consistency--grammar, design, style--across the many research web publications.
- The technical writer is a hands-on, customer-contact role that works face-to-face and side-by-side the roles mentioned here.
- Conversant in scientific and/or technological subject matter.
- Proven experience in researching and developing information for a specific audience with a particular purpose.
- Demonstrable experience with current web publishing tools and practices.
- Reasonable customer service and social skills.
- Working under the direction of the Knowledge & Delivery Center staff, writes content and completes other metadata for knowledge management, specifically for the Clinic’s knowledge asset catalog.
- Writer will work closely with the KM Knowledge Architect to do the appropriate analysis for composing descriptions of clinical decision support rules, order sets, calculators and scoring tools, and other knowledge assets.
- 20% teleworking allowed.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications or related field.
- Excellent writing skills and copy editing/proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology strongly preferred.
- Ability to interact with physicians/scientists.
- Ability to receive direction (sometimes minimal) via email/phone, work independently, and develop well-written content.
- Asks relevant follow-up questions.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Responsive to constructive criticism and feedback.
- Must go W2.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.