STARS Production Support
We are looking to fill a STARS (Simulator Tracking and Records System) Production Support role for a 10-month contract opportunity in the Tukwila, WA area.
- STARS (Simulator Tracking and Records System) is a custom enterprise IT system in active development and production, supporting the critical business processes of the Simulator Support Group within BGS Training and Professional Services, and used by over 200 users across Boeing.
- Production support is currently performed part-time by individuals in the organization; this SOW allows the support work to be offloaded from these individuals and expands it to provide the level of professional support required to support the business over the long term. It includes setting up systems for managing user documentation and system administrator documentation.
- Prepare training material and help guides, and train users to ensure successful launch.
- Coordinate successful deployments (3-week cadence).
- As new functionality is deployed, review source documents and data to prepare business data for loading, and coordinate data loading with IT.
- Monitor quality of business data and ensure business record completeness and correctness.
- Manage the system configuration.
- Provide the post-deployment adoption support required to ensure business goals are met.
- Lead user and stakeholder sessions to elicit feedback and to share best-practices.
- When problems arise, perform isolation and root cause analysis, to determine if it’s due to a user, business process, data or software issue, and ensure that the corrective actions are implemented.
- Coordinate with the IT team to prioritize and resolve technical issues.
- Work closely with team to identify and drive improvements to the business process and the system.
- Ongoing, pro-active efforts:
- Training material for Users, as each module is deployed.
- Training material for Administrator.
- Trained users.
- Supported users.
- Properly-configured system.
- High quality business data.
- Successful deployments.
- Ongoing, reactive
- User support for problems.
- Analysis and corrective actions.
- Change Requests and direction to IT team to address defects and enhancements.
- Process changes.
- Plan for and implementation of system for capturing administrator and user training and help content.
- Others that may arise.
- Direct and deep experience working on business IT systems supporting the business users.
- Direct and deep experience working on business IT systems from the IT technical side, as a developer, tester or functional analyst.
- Hands-on software system testing experience.
- Excellent personal interaction skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Drives organization and quality.
- Experience working in high-paced, complex environments requiring individual initiative.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.