Sr. Systems Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer for a 3-month contract opportunity with option to convert in the Yonkers, NY area.
- Responsible for the design, specification, build, implementation and support of systems.
- Defines technical solutions for maximizing system capabilities.
- May be responsible for daily system administration duties (e.g., error resolution, restores).
- Maintains an optimized system through performance tuning and monitoring.
- May be responsible for daily administration duties of systems including but not limited to account maintenance, performance management, error resolution, back-ups, and restores.
- Provide senior level design and engineering for new systems and other projects.
- Develop system specifications based on requirements.
- Create designs of new systems. Expand, migrate, and upgrade systems.
- Build new systems from design specifications.
- Perform system administration and engineering duties. Installs and configures systems software and utilities on servers.
- Monitors system logs and error logs.
- Analyzes complex performance reports to pinpoint any database, application or systems problems.
- Propose, design and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Upkeep core and subsystems, including implementing patches, updates and major releases.
- Design, install, and implement high availability solutions.
- Write code/scripts in administrative languages for maintenance, automation, issue resolution, and alerts.
- Responsible for capacity planning and performance management of critical servers and applications.
- Manage the load configuration and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of hardware as well as the tuning of software.
- Design solutions to optimize system performance.
- Coordinate with other teams on the maintenance and integrity of system interfaces.
- Expand technical knowledge and stay abreast of vendor offerings.
- Create and maintain system documentation for specifications, designs, procedures, and logs.
- Document all processes, system changes/fixes, and issues.
- Provide customer support, 24x7, for system related issues.
- Work with other associates on escalated issues to identify problems and resolve them.
- Possess strong knowledge of the business or clinical functions and how they are applied to the system.
- Troubleshoot the system as an expert to identify any possible faults or potential issues.
- Expert knowledge of Office 365.
- Expert knowledge configuring ActiveSync Online / On-Prem
- Expert knowledge on Public folder migration.
- Expert knowledge of Exchange 2010/2013/2016/Exchange Online
- Expert knowledge of Exhange Online Protection / Advanced Threat Protection
- Expert knowledge of e-mail security software’s Symantec / Proof Point / Iron port.
- Expert knowledge of Outlook and OWA clients
- Very strong knowledge of PowerShell and other scripting technologies and proven automation deployments.
- Strong knowledge of MS EDGE or other SMTP routing and mail gateways.
- Strong knowledge of e-discovery, archive solutions, Active Sync, Lync/Skype for Business.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, Azure and domain federation.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Virtualization technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Highly Desired.
- Ability to accept and adapt changes in objectives, priorities and new challenges.
- Capability to proactively anticipate issues and opportunities in advance.
- NO THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.