Sr. Epic Ambulatory Certified Analyst
We are looking for a Sr. Epic Ambulatory Certified Analyst for a permanent opportunity in the Seattle, WA area.
- The Senior EHR Application Analyst works independently, as a team lead or as part of a team to design, configure, support, and maintain the clinical information system.
- The senior analyst develops and maintains a positive working relationship with physicians and user departments to ensure appropriate training and utilization of application systems.
- Interacts with internal departments to understand EHR business requirements. Analyzes operational workflow and EHR system features to guide gap analysis, options, decision-making and maintenance.
- Serves as lead consultant for issues and topics related to an electronic health record; Serves as a conduit for aligning resources and activities related to EHR topics and issues.
- Works with EHR supervisor to facilitate clinical/operational activities in software design, configuration, implementation, testing, and activation of new EHR software.
- Develops detailed project schedules (work breakdown structure) for assigned work streams within a project. Provides agenda, minutes, status reports, decision documentation and issues/escalation documents.
- Facilitates work effort during optimization and ongoing maintenance of EHR software. Works with team to develop optimization work strategy and contributes to project development.
- Analyzes workflow and data to assist in resolving interface errors in a timely and effectively manner.
- Participates in the review and testing of major releases and upgrades, evaluating new functionality and managing master file changes for new features.
- Works with Training Lead and integrates work plan with other application and activation activities. Coordinates new application functionality with the training team. Works with team to develop supporting materials as needed and aids them during training as necessary.
- Conducts clinical validation testing of data imported to the EHR system.
- Supports communication and analysis for maintaining master files, end-user access, and security files.
- Responds to user level and configuration/build level support questions related to the EHR. Escalates high level technical issues to Business Applications team with complete documented analysis.
- Works with technical team on device integration and implementation.
- Mentors newer employees.
- Follows change control procedures for the system.
- Develops and documents internal procedures in coordination with internal departments and affiliate hospitals and clinics.
- Assures clinical content meets HIPAA regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Stays current on EHR trends and emerging developments.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in an ambulatory healthcare environment with “big picture” knowledge of operations, structure, and regulatory requirements.
- Prior job experience with implementing/configuring/supporting vendor supplied software, including Epic.
- Project management and workflow analysis experience required.
- Epic Ambulatory Certification required.
- Some experience with HL7 interfaces.
- Knowledge of computer systems in PC, client-server, and web-enabled systems.
- Experience with MS Office applications and document creation software.
- Registered Nurse desirable.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.