Sr. Epic Project Manager
We are looking for a Sr. Epic Project Manager for a 10+ month contract opportunity in the Rochester, MN area.
- The Senior Project Manager works independently assuming primary responsibility for planning, directing, coordinating and delivering project activities through the entire project life cycle (from initiation to hand off to customer) that are major/complex/business critical.
- The Senior Project Manager is responsible to lead project objectives and completion on time, on budget, and in conformance to project management methodologies and standards.
- The incumbent will lead a large or mega project that has site or enterprise level strategic importance.
- Project work has high to very high risk and risk interdependencies, multiple interrelationships, and may have major costs associated.
- Responsible for managing established budget. Leads and provides direction in the development and tracking of project budgets.
- Position requires strict adherence to budget management and guidelines of both the assigned department and the institution.
- The Senior PM communicates project information to project and portfolio leadership, and the Management Team.
- This position requires significant capacity to manage multiple competing objectives, to prioritize, and to communicate complex information in clear and unambiguous terms to management and leadership.
- Project information may be visible at the Management Team and Portfolio Leadership levels, (site/shield specific).
- The Senior Project manager may support projects of major complexity, as part of a program team in support of higher-level project managers.
- This individual may support senior level project/program managers in strategic planning processes.
- Presents project requests to institutional committees and oversight bodies to receive approval and project direction and input.
- Independently leads problem-solving and decision-making activities, within the scope of the project and change management process taking reasonable and prudent actions to accomplish agreed upon project objectives.
- Leverages many years of experience to manage extensive projects and is highly competent in the implementation of project results.
- Uses advanced negotiations skills that are characterized by innovative thinking. Must have strong business acumen with the ability to work with people from diverse functional backgrounds and build relationships across the organization.
- May require matrix supervision and evaluation of staff from other departments and divisions, and contractor/vendor resources.
- May have direct and indirect reports and be in a position to employ and guide the project staff in a goal-oriented way within projects.
- The Senior Project Manager is also responsible for leading and demonstrating the project focused culture, advises, and provides mentorship to other staff regarding project management practices, methods and standards.
- Performs additional job-related functions as detailed by immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years’ experience in Project Management and business-related activities or Master's degree with 7 years’ experience in Project Management.
- Active (unexpired) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required.
- Requires knowledge/experience with Epic (no Epic certification required.
- Be able to lead/communicate with different groups.
- Education preference: project management, business administration, management.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.