SQL Developer – Production Support
We are looking for a SQL Developer for a 6+month contract opportunity in the Yonkers, NY area.
- This is a front-line developer role, where the emphasis is on speedy resolution of issues that are impacting production.
- The candidate must have a flexible attitude and must fit in effortlessly in an environment with constantly shifting priorities.
- Uses SQL and SSIS to develop new computer applications or enhancements.
- In conjunction with a Technical Business Analyst, effectively troubleshoot and diagnose production issues including breaks in applications, performance, data anomalies and ad-hoc reporting.
- Fix issues by performing small code changes, configuration, database or other changes, in a timely manner and ensuring development guidelines are met.
- Perform root cause analysis; document issue resolution and participate in creating a knowledge base of known issue solution paths.
- Independently analyze unfamiliar code to pinpoint problem areas.
- Advocate for improvements in code base that will make it more robust, as determined while trouble-shooting.
- Handle multiple concurrent issues and determine priority bases on severity.
- No Third-Party Candidates considered for this role.
- SQL Server 2008 ant T-SQL Programming. Strong ability to review, analyze, and re-engineer complex stored procedures and .Net code- Required 5 Years.
- Application support and development or related experience. Required 4 Years.
- .NET programming skills Nice to have 2 Years.
- Excellent experience creating SSIS packages, data transformations, and EDI Required.
- Experience with SQL Reporting Services and Crystal Reports Required.
- Experience in a production support function with claims processing and/or Biztalk Desired.
- Excellent logical and analytical programming skills, demonstrated ability to find pro-active solutions Required.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and critical thinking skills Required.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work effectively with managers, end-users, and technical staff.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.