We are looking for a Solutions Architect for a permanent opportunity in the Greater Seattle area.
- A solution architect plays an important role in the software development cycle, gathering requirements and directing the activities of the rest of the design team.
- This role requires excellent attention to detail, as a solution architect frequently needs to examine functional specifications and translate them into system guidelines that shape project development as well as find ways to align projects with enterprise-level systems.
- In addition to guiding development teams, a solution architect is frequently responsible for conducting research on existing systems and devising solutions that work within those systems.
- They may also meet directly with clients to demonstrate solutions, answer questions regarding software capabilities and requirements, and work to resolve issues that arise during the development cycle.
- Gather Functional Requirements
- Develop Specifications & Interfaces
- Develop & Lead Trade Studies
- Determine Project Scope
- Lead Development Teams with architectural guidance
- Interface Directly with Clients
- Manage External Vendors
- Solution architects need to be highly technical and able to translate functional requirements into robust software solutions.
- Technical Literacy - Solution architects possess a high level of technical literacy, which helps them determine how a software solution fits into an organization's current structure and assists in the development of specifications and requirements.
- Analytical Assessment - This role requires a high level of analysis since solution architects need to examine a client's current systems and determine overall project needs and scope.
- Schedule Management - Solution architects need extensive time management skills to determine development schedules and milestones and ensure that deliverables are completed on time.
- Team Leadership - Because solution architects oversee and direct development teams throughout the project development lifecycle, experience with team leadership and motivation is essential.
- Communication - In this role, solution architects are responsible for communicating with team members, clients, and external vendors, so they exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-Solving - Solution architects need to be excellent problem-solvers, able to quickly change direction based on updated client specifications or system limitations.
- Architecture Frameworks - (ToGAG, DoDAF, FEAF).
- Unified Modeling Language.
- BSc/BA in Compuer Science, Engineering or Relevant Field with 5+ years professional experience.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.