Software Engineer – EDI Epic
We are looking for a Software Engineer – EDI Epic for a 6+month contract opportunity in the Yonkers, NY area.
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software. Utilizes SQL technologies to develop new EDI applications between multiple systems, including EPIC. Participates in testing of new developments and modifications.
- Analysis – Analyze complex business problems and provide various technical solution options with clear risk and impact; Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that meet user requirements for both new and existing applications/systems; Communicate issues/risks at a level that enables management to make informed decisions.
- Design – Define an overall design plan that can be split for tactical and strategic delivery, while still seeking to improve efficiency and maintain a level of quality up to the department standards; Lead design review sessions.
- Development – Use programming languages and technologies to develop and write applications; Unit test and participate in code reviews.
- Troubleshooting – Support applications, including analysis, tuning, optimization, and ad hoc workarounds for production applications and reporting projects.
- Team Support – Work with Business Analysts to gather requirements from clients and end-users; Participate in QA test planning including load and regression testing.
- Documentation – Document new and existing applications, and data flows; Provide clear deployment instructions and application/system support information.
- No Third-Party Candidates considered for this role.
- 4+ years’ experience in SQL Server 2008/12 and T-SQL Programming.
- Excellent data analysis and data manipulation skills.
- Strong experience with data transformations and EDI.
- Experience creating SSIS packages.
- Excellent logical and analytical programming skills, demonstrated ability to find proactive solutions.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills; ability to work effectively with managers, business users, vendors, and technical staff.
- Experience with Biztalk HIPAA accelerator- Nice to have.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.