Pyxis Application Analyst
We are looking for a Pyxis Application Analyst for a permanent opportunity in the Yonkers, NY area.
- Installs new applications, new components, and upgrade existing applications. Configure application settings and validate configurations performed by Application Analysts.
- Define go-live and rollout support schedule. Assist in the coordination of field support activities. Provide go-live and rollout support. Support users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
- Oversee analysis of necessary application modifications and work with the appropriate IT associate or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
- Provide advanced application troubleshooting support for the application(s). Resolve critical issues independently as necessary. Forward issues to the correct group for remediation or elevate it to the vendor if required. Review Application Analysts' resolutions and solutions for accuracy and completeness.
- Determine how a new system, upgrade, or new component can best meet the needs of the users.
- Analyze business/clinical needs and requirements.
- Interpret end user requirements, by fully discussing potential options, and help client move towards optimal solution.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of the system to reveal potential issues related to user requests.
- Evaluate the operational workflow that is applied to the system.
- Create system specifications from user requirements.
- Create test plans and test new systems, version upgrades, and any system modifications. Document all outcomes of testing. Review Application Analyst's test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and thoroughness.
- Design database queries and create reports utilizing a report-writing tool.
- Proactively monitor the application(s) to recommend improvements and ways to increase efficiency.
- Write and maintain accurate and current documentation regarding application(s) supported by the team. Participate in the maintenance of training materials and disseminate materials to users. Review documentation and training materials prepared by Application Analysts.
- Provide timely, effective, and professional customer support on a 24x7 rotating basis. Work with the help desk and support personnel on escalated issues to identify problems and resolve them. Triage network, hardware, or workstation issues as required.
- Act as a liaison to the vendor for IT or the client.
- Manage vendor communications needed for support, issue resolution and escalation.
- Coordinate vendor activities including hardware or software installation.
- Aid Application Analysts and other team members as necessary. Encourage, assist, and foster development of co-worker’s skills and proficiency.
- Utilize strong client liaison skills in developing working relationships with clients. Work with clients to develop sound business improvements.
- Meet with or speak with users regularly to discuss open requests, current needs, and any outstanding issues. Act as the interface between the client (departmental users) and IT departments.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Prior experience implementing Pyxis systems.
- Epic Willow Certification is required.
- 8+ years of related clinical or business experience.
- Application/System implementation, troubleshooting, testing, and support experience.
- Full life cycle of implementation with go-live support experience.
- Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Knowledge of clinical area or business area to be supported.
- Programming or other technical skills beneficial.
- Experience dealing with end users.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and rapport-building skills.
- Presentation skills.
- User and vendor interaction.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.