Project Manager – Student Information System
We are looking for a Project Manager – Student Information System for a 9-month contract opportunity in the Yonkers, NY area.
- Plan and set project goals and milestones based on input collected from the vendor and project team.
- Will develop the project work plan, work breakdown structure and schedule using a designated project management team tool for project team usage.
- Will monitor project health through regular status meetings
- Will provide status report and initiate corrective action to ensure project success.
- Will manage the day-to-day activities of cross-functional project teams and ensure adherence to the schedule.
- Work to control the scope changes and minimize the impact to the budget.
- Identify and mitigate project risk by keeping issues visible to avoid impact to the success of the project.
- Confirm alignment with customer expectations and project goals.
- Develop Project ROI
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships
- Schedule, organize and conduct project team meetings for the Executive Committee, Functional Implementation Groups, and various other advisory or governing bodies.
- Manage project activities with the Project Implementation Partner.
- Leads initiatives and process improvement efforts by applying innovative problem-solving techniques. Proactively identify risks and bottlenecks and propose solutions.
- Provide project status updates, updates, and analysis to various decision makers. Develop and implement a communications plan regarding the project timelines and deliverables.
- Act as a coordinator to ensure the submission of supporting information for decisions, documenting decisions and work efforts.
- Assist in developing and monitoring project budgets or financial plans and providing status reports designed for wide distribution to multiple committees
- Assist in executing communications and change management plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of all Banner SIS modules • Minimum 5 – 7 years of Project Management experience.
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) or other Project Management certification required.
- Experience designing and creating reports for management and senior leadership.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and presentation to various audiences: management, peers, users.
- Skill in accepting feedback and adjusting to meet a wide range of customer needs.
- Capacity to be proactive, creative, forward looking—identify potential problems, bring them to the attention of people concerned, propose innovative
- Demonstrated excellence with project management best practices. Proven record of customer service excellence.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, multi-stakeholder team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, discretion, professional integrity, and tact
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated excellence with tools such as MS Project and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Prior SIS implementation experience with Ellucian’s Banner SIS module required including Banner Student functionality, Banner Financial Aid function.
- Banner Academic and Administrative Functionality and Banner Student billing and payment functionality.
- Banner experience.
- No third party candidates considered for this position.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.