LIS Product Manager (Laboratory Information Systems)
We are looking for a LIS Product Manager (Laboratory Information Systems) for a permanent opportunity in the Yonkers, NY area.
• The Product Manager is responsible for the design and delivery of Epic-Beaker product solutions and ensuring that the product meets the needs of the client.
• The Product Manager develops project work plans, work breakdown structures and schedules and ensures projects are consistent with the overall customer objectives and strategic plans.
• The Product Manager provides expert knowledge of the business or clinical function being supported and provides perspective on common challenges and strategies for success.
• The Product Manager motivates, guides, and leads an implementation team.
• The Product Manager develops and maintains strong working relationships with key stakeholders and communicates regularly with clients.
• Manage a team of professionals engaged in providing Epic-Beaker services.
• Plan the work, delegate effectively and follow up with staff, providing support and guidance.
• Responsible for resource allocation within his/her product group, managing assignments, and overseeing work for new implementations (new system roll-out or new functionality) and maintenance/support of products.
• Evaluate the team and its members’ level of performance, to provide performance management and establish the delivery of top tier services and products to the client.
• Mentor and identify training needs for team members, ensuring professional development and superior technical expertise.
• Responsible for staffing decisions and promotion of team members.
• Oversee and manage projects ranging in size, complexity, and scope.
• Contribute to the development of scope documents for existing clients, new clients, and prospective clients within area of product knowledge.
• Develop work estimates by gaining an understanding of the client’s business needs and objectives while knowing the capabilities and limitations of the application or system.
• Oversee the documentation of user requirements and workflow.
• Manage product requests, reviews requirements and specifications, and works closely with technical teams and end-users to assure high quality.
• Determine how changes impact the overall system and that of interrelated systems.
• Evaluate requests for new systems, processes, enhancements, or other opportunities and suggest alternatives if necessary.
• Communicate regularly with others in the organization that may be affected or need to provide input for a successful integration.
• Responsible for the design and delivery of product solutions, ensuring that the end product meets the intended needs of the client. Work closely with other teams within the company in order to achieve this.
o Ensure that changes, modifications, and implementations do not affect product performance or other applications and systems.
o Oversee the design of workflow for new systems.
o Ensure systems are performing at satisfactory levels in order to maintain clients’ clinical and business processes.
• Participates in all system go-lives under his/her responsibility. Coordinates with Project Managers responsible for implementations as well as other Product Managers involved in multi-disciplinary efforts.
• Regularly speaks with clients to address and troubleshoot high-level issues. Works closely with the team to deliver high quality customer support.
• Meet with clients regularly and establishes priorities by working with the Client Executive and end-users.
• Interface and work with other departments to identify and resolve issues regarding coordinated efforts to deliver client solutions. Allocate team resources to other departments as needed.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Managing others including employee selection, performance management, delegation, and motivating and rewarding others.
• Overall understanding of the application systems development lifecycle.
• Industry experience either working in or supporting a client community.
• Estimating level of effort for application development activities and writing proposals for work.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience managing others including employee selection, performance management, delegation, motivation and rewards.
• LIS experience; experience with Beaker is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience managing an implementation team.
• Demonstrated experience managing projects in a healthcare setting.
• Strong knowledge of workflows.
• Excellent critical thinking skills.
• Strong desktop skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
• Ability to motivate team members.
• Ability to match team member skills to team responsibilities.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.