Lead Business Analyst
We are looking for a Lead Business Analyst for a 9-month contract to hire opportunity in the Rosemont, IL area.
- The position is responsible for leading a team that specializes in business process and change management, planning and conducting initial training and quality testing of applications.
- Position will liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
- Position is responsible for project planning and estimating, status reporting, employee mentoring, performance management, development process and contribution to strategic direction.
- Owns business contribution to the Team Charter: dependencies, impact areas, background. Facilitates requirement meetings.
- Prepares Business Requirements documents.
- Prepares Business Use Cases. Designs, prepares and maintains Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Prepares Business Impact Assessment.
- Prepares Functional Requirements, including flows and GUI mockups as needed.
- Facilitates workshops to document As Is and To Be work process flows.
- Defines user security needs.
- Verifies data for testing is complete and ready for use by the development team.
- Defines, plans, and conducts SIT testing; reports results.
- Coordinates and reviews UAT testing.
- Drives Business sign off on UAT results.
- Negotiates defect and enhancement discussions with Business.
- Updates business process documentation, including work flows, RACI charts, and procedures.
- Designs and develops training modules and documentation.
- Responsible for Work Effort estimates.
- Drives development of and coach's work. Participate in conversion, pilot, and implementation discussions and tasks.
- Manages work effort of 0-5 people.
- Defines and drives execution of work plans across Business and IT areas.
- Translates strategic intent to specific deliverables in own area.
- Provides specific and balanced feedback to Team.
- Coaches Team with input from Manager.
- Works regularly with up to the VP level.
- Problem solves up to the Director level across IT organizations.
- Business: Works regularly with up to the VP level.
- Problem solves across Business organizations and works with vendors.
- 3+ years of IT business analysis experience.
- 5+ years of IT experience using structured project methodologies.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong Group Facilitation Skills.
- Good SQL skills.
- Understand basic database and development concepts.
- Familiarity with project management concepts & tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of Business and IT management.
- Ability to negotiate acceptable solutions to complex problems across multiple business and/or technical areas and vendors.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Focus on business application development.
- Accounting or Financial systems background a plus. PeopleSoft or Hyperion experience a plus.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.