Epic HIM Certified Analyst
We are looking for an Epic Certified HIM Analyst for a permanent contract opportunity in the Las Vegas, NV area.
- Provide technical lead and subject matter expertise in hospital systems application support.
- Provides business systems analytical and technical support to IS development projects.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
- Formulates and defines the objectives and scope of business systems.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Investigate and resolve complex technical application problems by researching development specifications and business rules documentation.
- Coordinate and participate in any and all testing and quality checks centered on the resolution of systems problem tickets.
- Knowledge of techniques of overseeing and controlling projects; business functional areas, business management issues and data analysis; computer programming principles, techniques and procedures; operating principles and characteristics of various computer systems and associated hardware; program and system documentation requirements; system integrity requirements; core business systems in support of claims processing, enrollment and billing, financial applications, customer relationship, provider service and medical management activities system development activities within mainframe, client server and web environments, health care and insurance products and service delivery systems; department and hospital safety practice and procedures; patient rights; age specific patient care practices; infection control policies and practices; handling, storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials; department and hospital emergency response policies and procedures.
- Skilled in: Planning and directing the work of others; troubleshooting and resolving complex system problems; organizing and scheduling installations and down time; conceptualizing, designing, and implementing new application software programs; training others in the use of application programs and in conveying technical information to non-technical audiences; deadline driven with proven ability to handle multiple priorities, strong planning and execution skills, understand business situations/political dynamics and form strategies for achieving required outcomes; writing procedure manuals and user guides; collecting, manipulating, retrieving and analyzing data; evaluating software programs; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; communicating effectively in oral and written form; using computers and related software applications; communicating with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; efficient, effective and safe use of equipment.
- Strong technical background
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, management information systems or field related to the position and six (6) years of professional level business systems analysis, computer applications and business experience.
- Epic HIM certification
- 3-5 years hands on experience doing system builds in HIM in a hospital environment
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.