Epic Ambulatory Informatics Manager
Posted Mar 15, 2017
We are looking for an Epic Ambulatory Informatics Manager for a permanent opportunity in the Mission, KS area.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully manage multiple projects including:
- Appropriate scoping of project
- Setting and monitoring appropriate milestones and deadlines
- Using departmental databases to appropriately track and report progress and issues.
- Ensure appropriate documentation
- Ensure project completion and conclusion
- Setting metrics to ensure end-user satisfaction with projects
- Making appropriate communication with management regarding project changes or issues.
- Provides effective leadership to the team/teams. Able to strategically identify, internalize and communicate the critical success factors necessary for the unit/team. This position assumes responsibility for team meetings and updates, team goals, educational needs and certifications. This position will be available for have a designee available for contact on a 24/7 basis.
- Serves as an effective communicator of the team's vision and goals. Expresses ideas clearly and effectively (gaining agreement and/or understanding), by adjusting language, terminology and style to the characteristics and needs of the audience as well as the venue for the communication. This position assumes the responsibility for ensuring effective communication to end-users on project issues including start, milestones, problems, live dates etc.
- Manages his/her organizational responsibilities in a way that supports the achievement of team/teams goals. Works effectively with others on the management team to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems. Skillfully administers, directs and allocates all organizational resources. This position assumes responsibility for all personnel reviews, updates, and issues for the assigned team/teams. Staff attendance and activity level will be the responsibility of this position. Personnel activities will run the entire gamut of responsibilities from hiring, orientation, thru development, thru disciplinary action up to and including termination proceedings. All personnel performance criteria will adhere to the institution's Five Star Performance model.
- Demonstrates personal effectiveness in leading the team/teams towards it goals. Models appropriate values and maintains and promotes social, ethical and organizational norms. The position assumes the responsibility of clear and concise communication to all team members and within the organizational structure.
- Creates and communicates the "big picture" understanding of the hospital and works to ensure the department supports the organization's desired competitive position. The position will assume the responsibility of operating successfully with their team and the departmental team and conveying the ongoing operational goals and objectives. This position will also be required to be cognizant of current and future industry trends and issues.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to develop a team-wide spirit and intra-team and inter-team cooperation. This position assumes the responsibility for team development and the synching of team and departmental and institutional goals.
- Stays focused on all key stakeholders and support the team/teams ability to deliver on all valid stakeholder expectations. Assumes responsibility for project and team communication to end-users, project requestors and stakeholders. A critical part of the responsibility will be the ongoing relationships with critical end-user constituencies. Knowledge of current and future end-user issues and criticalities will be a requirement.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and understanding of team/teams technical skill sets and processes. This position assumes the responsibility for team development activities, individual development plans, ongoing team in-services and instructional needs.
- Works as assigned in a 24/7 Command Center.
- Certification or proficiency (with certification level score) in assigned Epic application or demonstrated learning of other assigned application must be obtained within 6 months of employment or assignment.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Two years of experience in related field required.
- Two years managerial experience preferred.
- Five years as an analyst preferred.
- Has reliable transportation available in order to attend meetings and support users in multiple locations required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products preferred.