Director of Pharmacy Services
We are looking for a Director of Pharmacy Services for a contract to hire opportunity in the North Carolina area.
- The selected candidate will have the responsibility to plan, organize, coordinate and supervise the activities of the Pharmacy according to hospital policy, standard professional practices and state and federal law.
- He/she initiates, develops and carries out rules and regulations pertaining to the administrative and professional policies of the department with the approval and cooperation of hospital administration and the Medical Executive Committee respectively.
- Establishes and maintains systems of record and bookkeeping in accordance with hospital policy for retrieving patient charges, maintaining adequate controls over requisitioning and dispensing of all pharmaceuticals including controlled substances.
- Supervises inventory of pharmacy stock periodically.
- Determines stock needed to assure use of stock before expiration date.
- Orders supplies and verifies receipt of merchandise, approves bills for payment.
- Consults with and advises members of the Medical and Nursing Staff concerning medications and incompatibility of certain medications.
- Establishes and implements new procedures with the cooperation of all pharmacists.
- Fills in as Clinical Staff Pharmacist during critical emergencies.
- Serves as co-chair of the Medication Safety Standards Committee.
- Graduation from an accredited school of pharmacy and licensed by the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy.
- Two (2) years' experience in Hospital Pharmacy and management is preferred.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.