Digital Analytics Engineer
We are looking for Digital Analytics Engineer for a 12+month contract opportunity in the Rochester, MN area.
- This position calls for a highly skilled Digital Analytics Engineer to manage and support the tag management, privacy and digital analytics tools across a variety of internal and externally facing client or vendor hosted digital web and mobile properties supporting content for demand generation, marketing and ecommerce businesses.
- Typical tasks include implementing tracking technologies, pixels and cookies, constructing and maintaining event tags, technical audits, performing manual and/or updating automated regression testing scripts, and updating tag management and analytics technical configurations.
- May include implementation of new tag management, analytics and mobile analytics tools.
- The Digital Analytics Engineer will also prototype, and code, solutions to integrate digital web analytics platforms data with other data sources, using technologies such as Google Marketing Platform, BigQuery and/or Analytics Reporting APIs.
- The Digital Analytics Engineer will work with Senior level colleagues to implement advanced analytics systems, automate management and auditing, and establish measurement strategies to manage the data collection for client’s digital enterprise analytics systems.
- Works with Digital Analytics team IT, Marketing, and third-party vendors to ensure the validity of Digital analytics accounts and report configurations are correctly established.
- Creates solution design reference documents, vendor implementation guides and other technical documentation following established standards for tagging and configurations.
- Directs and validates the work performed by contractors.
- Duties may also include user administration and user training as requested.
- The Digital Analytics Engineer will: work with stakeholders to collect, interpret and translate business requirements into technical requirements Build technical specifications (SDR) and vendor guidelines, construct and code standard and custom tag solutions, deploy standard and custom tags, create standard and custom reports and dashboards, analyze and present data, conduct ad hoc analysis for internal clients as requested, identify analytics opportunities and communicate with product owners, create, run and aggregate data from various reporting tools such as Google Analytics Marketing Platform and potentially other internal data warehousing systems or tools.
- Direct and validate the work of contractors as needed. Tools may include: Ensighten (or other) tag management system, Ensighten privacy, digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics Marketing Platform (or other) and may include A/B and multivariate tools (Optimizely), Sitecore XP, mobile app analytics (Firebase), ObservePoint, SEO tools (Botify), debugging tools, etc.
- Experience with Agile project delivery frameworks Experience with enterprise data visualization technologies (Tibco, Spotfire, Tableau) Self-driven and curious to learn new technology and build technical skill sets
- Minimum BS/BA in Computer Science, or other technical degree.
- Experience with tag management system (TMS) and digital analytics tools such as Ensighten TMS, Google Analytics Marketing Platform, BigQuery, Firebase,Tableau, Sitecore XP, ObservePoint, Optimizely, Qualtrics, Invoca, Botify, etc.
- Experience developing custom tag solutions.
- Experience using and onboarding digital analytics and other tools.
- Experience with web technologies and frameworks Experience with debugging tools.
- Experience with data layer.
- Must have solid business experience and skills working collaboratively and professionally and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to think critically, interpret and understand requirements in order to build tagging solutions based on market and organization objectives and analytics strategy.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical plans and reporting solutions in order to analyze data, interpret results and recommend solutions to enable teams to make decisions around optimizing or understanding product investments.
- Keen problem-solving abilities. Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, manage multiple projects/responsibilities.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Applicants who have certification as a Digital Analyst will have priority over candidates who are not certified web analysts.
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.