Sr. Software Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer for a 4-month contract opportunity in the Seattle, WA area.
- Design and build multi-tier software solutions from initial architecture and design through product launch in production environment.
- Provide application development leadership and subject matter expertise to development teams.
- Decompose system requirements/user stories into software engineering tasks that can be completed in a day or less.
- Day-to-day interaction and collaboration with customer representatives and project team.
- Utilize self-starter skills and attitude to help drive project deliverables toward both short and long-term development milestones.
- Leverage Agile tools and processes to provide a high degree of transparency into development activities.
- Ensure software engineering and architectural best practices are leveraged appropriately for each engagement.
- Lead or assist with selection and setup of project infrastructure tools and processes (configuration management, build tools, integration environments, etc.).
- Improve all aspects of project operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by studying latest development tools, architectural patterns and programming techniques.
- Document and demonstrate solutions as needed by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Work in a multidisciplinary, collaborative, team environment. Expect daily/hourly collaboration with other developers, BAs and/or QAs.
- Demonstrated ability to regularly communicate complex technical issues, solutions and designs to a wide variety of audiences, from Project Management to developer.
- Aptitude for software development and ability to quickly ramp up on new languages, architectural patterns, and targeted solution domain knowledge.
- Must thrive in complex, fast paced environment with limited documentation.
- Ability to lead design and development efforts of complex object models, use of design patterns, and building multi-tier applications.
- 10+ years of software project experience in any role.
- 5+ years’ experience working as a software engineer on complex, multi-tiered or micro-service applications.
- 3+ years designing and building solutions with object-oriented languages (C++, java, C#, etc.).
- 4-year college degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Immediate Background Required.
- 1+ year working with C++.
- Experience building systems with high-throughput/high performance requirements.
- Local to Seattle
Join DCS and get connected with a leading IT consulting firm who is passionate about creating strong client and consultant partnerships. We've been connecting the best with the best for over two decades and want to do the same for you. Are you ready to join our team?
For more info, visit us at www.dcshq.com.